Home Off Topic

George Carlin

ResinheadResinhead Posts: 10,987 AG
edited October 2019 in Off Topic #1
Miss this guy.

Hold on... trying to find a family friendly version...

Replies

• ResinheadResinhead Posts: 10,987 AG
    edited October 2019 #2
    There's an unedited 8 min version on youtube that is awesome but this one will suffice for this place.
  • ResinheadResinhead Posts: 10,987 AG
    That's going to let Ferris kill the thread.
  • AC ManAC Man Posts: 6,980 Admiral
    He was funnier before he got old and cranky all though still good.
  • AaronCannonAaronCannon Pinellas County Posts: 983 Officer
    Resinhead said:
    It says George Carlin in the thread title, you knew what you were going to see.
    The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.
    Jeff Cooper
  • ferris1248ferris1248 Posts: 17,673 Moderator
    Resinhead said:
    It says George Carlin in the thread title, you knew what you were going to see.

Please do not post links to profanity laced links.

Carlin is funny, one of the funniest guys from my era but it opens the door to others gloming on.

Thanks.

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

• mindyabinessmindyabiness Posts: 7,230 Admiral
    Please do not use words that don't exist

Thanks
    Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to crap on the board and strut around like it won anyway.
  • King_MeKing_Me Delray Beach, FLPosts: 7,078 Admiral

Unfortunately he would be frowned upon in todays society with his material.  Someone would get their feelings hurt and have a problem with him performing.

• 1outlaw1outlaw Naples FLPosts: 1,703 Captain
    King_Me said:

Unfortunately he would be frowned upon in todays society with his material.  Someone would get their feelings hurt and have a problem with him performing.

1 can only imagine the outrage in todays society
    Jason :USA
  • MRichardsonMRichardson Posts: 10,461 AG
    Bill Burr does pretty well with very un-PC material.  Making fun of women, snowflakes, and the like. 
    He does okay.
    I have never seen live bones, but I know that they are often used by rich people to decorate the interior.
  • MACDMACD Lee CountyPosts: 4,990 Captain
    edited October 2019 #11
    George Carlin was funny when I was an adolescent in the 70's..

• stc1993stc1993 Albany, GA Carrabelle, FLPosts: 9,343 Admiral
    Whatever happened to Gallager?  He was funny in the 70's.
  • ferris1248ferris1248 Posts: 17,673 Moderator
    stc1993 said:
    Whatever happened to Gallager?  He was funny in the 70's.
    He was funny but you can only smash a watermelon so many times.

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

I had a customer that approached Gallagher in the lobby of the hotel which he was performing in. He tapped him on the shoulder and said hello I'm a big fan. Gallagher turned and said get the f away from me.

I was thinking why would you walk up to someone and approach them physically? I'm sure these guys get tired of dealing with this
    True.  But, they reap the benefits of it. They just need to deal with it.
    I have never seen live bones, but I know that they are often used by rich people to decorate the interior.
  • Gary SGary S Posts: 2,910 Captain
    AC Man said:
    I had a customer that approached Gallagher in the lobby of the hotel which he was performing in. He tapped him on the shoulder and said hello I'm a big fan. Gallagher turned and said get the f away from me.

I was thinking why would you walk up to someone and approach them physically? I'm sure these guys get tired of dealing with this
    I would have looked him in the eye and said no problem A Hole.
    Gallagher was a hack, a 1-trick pony and wrung every last penny out of that lame, worn-out act.  He knew this, and was thus a miserable person.  So of course he acted like a twot when your friend spoke to him.
    Gallagher was a hack, a 1-trick pony and wrung every last penny out of that lame, worn-out act.  He knew this, and was thus a miserable person.  So of course he acted like a twot when your friend spoke to him.
    One more thing Gallagher told him go get your money back if they won't do it I will I don't want you at my show. LOL