Home General Hunting

Poaching going on near me

13»

Replies

• Florida BullfrogFlorida Bullfrog Posts: 3,181 Captain
    Most people that shoot at 5am aren’t getting up to pop off a hog or a **** in their back yard. They’re squeezing a .22 off at a pair of deer eyes they see along the roadway or under the stand. 
  • PinmanPinman Posts: 2,660 Captain
    edited October 2019 #63
    Pinman said:
    Depredation Permits allow you to shoot Deer at night with a light. There are permits to shoot Raccoons, Armadillos and Rabbits at night with a light too.
    Privat land hog at night are legal . Last time I checked privat land doesent  even need a hunting license.

Did I even mention Hogs?
  • H20dadH20dad Posts: 2,001 Captain
    This is some entertaining manure. 

New hunter paranoia for $500 Alex. 

“They gonna shoot muh buck!!”

deadliest deer cartridge on the planet, .22 magnum. 
    edited October 2019 #65
    Ill take "I think this guy hunts Goodwin too much" for $1000
  • Big MakBig Mak Posts: 3,389 Captain
    You crackers, Yankees, and other undesirables should see what a 22 mag to the neck does to a axis deer in the mountains of Hawaii.... Just saying... 
    Big Mak said:
    You crackers, Yankees, and other undesirables should see what a 22 mag to the neck does to a axis deer in the mountains of Hawaii.... Just saying... 
    Crackers undesirables?!?!  Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!!
  • JonsredfishinJonsredfishin Posts: 2,111 Captain
    edited October 2019 #68
    It’s 930 and I just heard my neighbor 1/4 mile away shoot a deer with what sounded like a .243. As, I’m typing this, someone just shot 2 magazines through a pistol a mile away. I’m going to bed. 
    One president put a man on the moon.
    Another president put a man in the Lady's bathroom.
  • FlatsMatt96FlatsMatt96 ChuluotaPosts: 1,221 Officer
    Yall just dont know when to give up do you?
    If youre going to burn a bridge, dont just burn it, use C4 and make a statement. 
    Big Mak said:
    Hillbillies are desirable. I have a photo I’ll look for and post here of the game warden confiscation for a two month period in my district of Ohio all shot with .22 mags. Smallest was in the 140-150 range and the big ones are all 180s. At least 30-40 racks. 

People get into arguments about the right rifle caliber and I just laugh. 

I have read piles of elk succumb to .22 magnums and .220 swift as well. I have no personal experience. 
    Yall just dont know when to give up do you?
    Lol, Matt! Occasionally these threads take on a life of their own and start running in ten different directions. This is what you get with a bunch of grumpy, obstinate old farts mixed with a  handful of recalcitrant young guns and inexperienced new guys.

Sometimes ya just gotta let it play out and enjoy the ride!
    Pinman said:
    Big Mak said:
    Crackers undesirables?!?!  Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!!
    LMFAO... Crackers are my people, Ron. I still like poking a little fun at them though. Gives me license to make fun of everyone since I'm not singling out other particular minorities. You should see me razz the honkys at work....
  • GeetchGeetch St. Pete and JasperPosts: 228 Deckhand
    edited October 2019 #73
    H20dad said:
    Big Mak said:
    Hillbillies are desirable. I have a photo I’ll look for and post here of the game warden confiscation for a two month period in my district of Ohio all shot with .22 mags. Smallest was in the 140-150 range and the big ones are all 180s. At least 30-40 racks. 

I have read piles of elk succumb to .22 magnums and .220 swift as well. I have no personal experience. 
    People from Ohio ruin every state they invade. They are the lowest form of the American people.  
  • josh_scott84josh_scott84 ClearwaterPosts: 542 Officer
    Geetch said:
    H20dad said:
    Big Mak said:

People from Ohio ruin every state they invade. They are the lowest form of the American people.  
    PA pretty bad too. **** steelers and eagles fans
  • ANUMBER1ANUMBER1 Posts: 11,445 AG
    Geetch said:
    H20da7d said:
    Big Mak said:

It's like a giant toilet was flushed in Ohio and it all ran to Polk county 
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
    ANUMBER1 said:
    Geetch said:
    H20da7d said:
    Big Mak said:

I can handle a lot of insults. But Polk county and the people from it are the most backward degenerates I’ve ever run across and I’ve lived and visited all of the poorest regions of the country.   I have literally not voted for politicians when I found out they were from Polk county. So in summary, nothing and no one can ruin Polk county. Lol
  • GeetchGeetch St. Pete and JasperPosts: 228 Deckhand
    H20dad said:
    ANUMBER1 said:
    Geetch said:
    H20da7d said:
    Big Mak said:

I can handle a lot of insults. But Polk county and the people from it are the most backward degenerates I’ve ever run across and I’ve lived and visited all of the poorest regions of the country.   I have literally not voted for politicians when I found out they were from Polk county. So in summary, nothing and no one can ruin Polk county. Lol
    I'd wager that if you trace it back, a lot of those people who are "from" Polk county are originally from Ohio. When I hear the term "backward degenerates" or just "degenerates" I immediately think of people form Ohio. People from Ohio are a plague that has been unleashed on Southern states. They leave their own crappy state and move to others, spreading their unique brand of yankee-ness as they go, changing the voting demographics along the way. They complain about their newly adopted state and constantly compare it to Ohio and speak of how much better Ohio is. If it is so much better, why leave in the first place? Feel free to move back anytime. Then there is the component of Ohio State University that I won't even go into. Buckeye fans are a unique brand of trash themselves. 
    Geetch said:
    H20dad said:
    ANUMBER1 said:
    Geetch said:
    H20da7d said:
    Big Mak said:

I'd wager that if you trace it back, a lot of those people who are "from" Polk county are originally from Ohio. When I hear the term "backward degenerates" or just "degenerates" I immediately think of people form Ohio. People from Ohio are a plague that has been unleashed on Southern states. They leave their own crappy state and move to others, spreading their unique brand of yankee-ness as they go, changing the voting demographics along the way. They complain about their newly adopted state and constantly compare it to Ohio and speak of how much better Ohio is. If it is so much better, why leave in the first place? Feel free to move back anytime. Then there is the component of Ohio State University that I won't even go into. Buckeye fans are a unique brand of trash themselves. 
    I don’t disagree. I had no hand in where I was born, left asap. 
    Time for me to sit back and enjoy the ride... Hopefully this train wreck doesn't get derailed before it has run its course.
    Big Mak said:
    Time for me to sit back and enjoy the ride... Hopefully this train wreck doesn't get derailed before it has run its course.
    I just want a picture of that buck....lol
  • josh_scott84josh_scott84 ClearwaterPosts: 542 Officer
    The buckeye comment was spot on lol
  • zimmy4209zimmy4209 Ocala FloridaPosts: 987 Officer
    One of my best buddies in high school came from a whole family of outlaws. I was always pretty naive to the whole scenario I guess.  The house was full of 150+ inch deer mounts everywhere and almost all of them were harvested during bow season. Needless to say I was super pumped first time he asked me to go bowhunting with him one weekend during the season. The family were jehovah's witnesses and the church owned thousands of acres in the best agricultural land in the county so being one of the only families in the church who hunted he had free run of this honey hole.  I showed up extra early that saturday morning waiting in driveway for him to come out the house and he did I load all my stuff in the truck away we go not even realizing he never even brought his bow out to the truck until after we got to the property and as I was showed where my stand was I asked where he would be at same time I noticed he "FORGOT" his bow. He just chuckled and said I'll be driving around the farm in this nice warm truck with my "longbow" and pulled out his .22 hornet from behind the seat. Man that threw me for a loop we both harvested bucks that day and I'm still good buddies with him but lost alot of respect and have never considered him a hunter since then. We graduated high school in 1997 and him and his pops got out of the church and moved to tavernier where they still to this day operate a fishing charter there. Something tells me there ways followed them down here and just screw the system with fishing now instead of hunting  
  • swampwalkerswampwalker Posts: 2,359 Captain
    Ah Polk county Rednecks - truly the salt of the earth! We can take it and dish it out for sure.  What's great, is that rednecks in general, can be kidded and don't get their feelings hurt like most all other different types of peoples. If I had to go to war, I'd opt for a handful of rednecks covering my backside. Most grow up with a fondness and understanding of firearms and having a grand time. Bring it good sirs!  ;)
    The original - "Renaissance Redneck"
    Ah Polk county Rednecks - truly the salt of the earth! We can take it and dish it out for sure.  What's great, is that rednecks in general, can be kidded and don't get their feelings hurt like most all other different types of peoples. If I had to go to war, I'd opt for a handful of rednecks covering my backside. Most grow up with a fondness and understanding of firearms and having a grand time. Bring it good sirs!  ;)
    Us Hillbillies like to send you all in the first wave....
  • MarkiamMarkiam East Orlando Posts: 25 Deckhand
    The deer that was shot was trespassing.