Home Northeast (3 Forums) Northeast General Fishing & The Outdoors

Best 29-32 foot Center Console

2»

Replies

• Morocco_madnessMorocco_madness Posts: 2,974 Captain
    edited September 2019 #32
    Bless his heart. That's pretty cute, not gonna lie.
    Joy-Sea said:
    Why is a guy that doesn’t fish outside the jetties judging offshore boats? Are you riding contenders, see vee, and yellowfins in the icw? Chill out and keep taking your friends fishing catching redfish and calling them charters. And ps you might want to get a scale. Those 5 pound flounder and sheepshead are not 10-12 pounds. 😂😂😂😂 🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡 Boatronnics vs kooklogics

You actually don't know me and have zero knowledge of my background. You have plenty of false assumptions and very little else. Im also not from your generation. Ive been fishing Mayport since the 80's. Mostly Sheepshead fishing from a combination of land based jetty fishing and from boats. I've also fished offshore quite a bit back in the day. I was out there with family and friends catching Kings and Cobia since way before this website existed. I was out there back in the day when the Offshore club had the public wrecks marked with yellow flags. The good ole days of LORAN. Most of you kids don't know what that is.

These days, I prefer fishing inshore and near shore. I don't know where you boys get these ideas that I don't leave the inlet but if you actually believe that, you're a wet match in a dark place.

Far as catching big Sheepshead, again, Social media and camera phones didn't exist during half of my hay day. I've forgotten about more double digit sheepshead than most of you boys know about. By cain pole even. My new PF decked over 500 Sheepshead last season alone. In the course of the last 30 years, I can't even imagine how many Convicts we've killed.

I have 5 years worth of Charter Lakes calendars loaded with chartered trips. Only fishing with friends? That's a whole lot of nonsense.

If you read my post clearly, you would have caught that I was referring to the quality of the boats, ie, attention to detail. Not the ride of each vessel. I have ridden in YF and SV Bay boats before, but no, not offshore models. Also fished out of both Bay models. Mostly through filming fishing shows but also from clients boats as I get quite a few requests to take people out on their boats to teach them ins and outs of using and getting to know their new vessels and anchoring in the inlet and whatnot. Ill actually be filming out of a YF in a couple of weeks. Looks like a sweet rig.

Anyways, sorry for the derailment OP. This forums dead these days and I figured any feedback could be useful. Carry on ladies.

• Joy-SeaJoy-Sea Posts: 39 Greenhorn
    Where’s all your kingfish and offshore pics from 30 years ago? Like talking to a brick wall. Nobody in the Jacksonville fishing community likes you. You have had conflicts with dozens of people but it’s their fault....A trend going on there you might want to look.... And nice 10 pound sheepshead.... 
  • Morocco_madnessMorocco_madness Posts: 2,974 Captain
    edited September 2019 #34
    Joy-Sea said:
    Where’s all your kingfish and offshore pics from 30 years ago? Like talking to a brick wall. Nobody in the Jacksonville fishing community likes you. You have had conflicts with dozens of people but it’s their fault....A trend going on there you might want to look.... And nice 10 pound sheepshead.... 
    Ahh, woes me,  somebody doesn't like me. Look into my eye. Let me know if you see anyone concerned about what you and a couple of like minded lemmings think about me. You're irrelevant. Just pixels on a screen. I mean seriously, what makes more sense to you, gaining acceptance from strangers on the internet or enjoying life, fishing for a living, meeting new, like minded people with similar interests, meeting and fishing with tv personalities, living a successful life. I'm living my dream. Even lions have to deal with a few flies. So what, stay hateful.
  • livebaitlivebait Posts: 793 Officer
    MM, thanks for your reports and insight. Sometimes don't agree with you but that's life. Joy-Sea must lead a spiteful life. 
  • shallowvshallowv Posts: 471 Deckhand
    Looked at a sea vee 29 today, very nice boat.  
  • BoattronicsBoattronics Posts: 5,222 Admiral
    edited September 2019 #37
    Just a thought. I've always noticed how similar the hulls are between SeaVee and Contender. The main differences that I find, are the way they are rigged.

The main difference is in most Contenders, the rigging is wide open and in your face, whereas in a Seavee, it's going to be behind a beauty panel, often not removable. While this gives the Seavee a more finished feel, it makes servicing its rigging much more difficult and hence more expensive. Personally I like the thought that if I have a problem offshore, my systems will be very easy to access. We overhaul both brands on a regular basis, right now I have 3 Contenders and a Seavee transported here from North Carolina to overhaul. To me, it's no question, om taking the more service friendly boat. But some folks don't want to see rigging anywhere, a more luxury feel if you will.

An example of my rigging on a Contender. Right in your face, easy to work on.

Both brands are fantastic, you cant lose. If you want any service insight on any particular vessel let me know.

One of you mentioned the 29 and 31 Yellowfins. Definitely at the top of the list for me, my next boat will likely be the 31 YF. The plan is to keep flipping up, working towards my ultimate goal, a 33 or 34 Freeman. Then, I'm set.
    Tony Eden-
    Certified, licsensed and insured, Marine Electronics and rigging master, and "Dream boat" build winner with 20 years of professional experience.
    Boattronics.net
    Over 80 seperate, recent reviews from captains on this forum-
    http://forums.floridasportsman.com/showthread.php?5295-Recent-Boattronics-reviews!
    Please call with any questions or a free estimate for the lowest price/best work available!
    904-545-1270
  • fsu11fsu11 Posts: 2,117 Captain
    OP I would take a look at an Ocean Runner, my buddy in charters in the keys and ive fished on it with him. amazing ride and definitely a great price brand new as well might be worth a gander?
  • drgibbydrgibby Posts: 1,800 Captain

I was undecided 3 years ago. Sea trialed  Contender, Invincible, Yellowfin, Sea Hunter and Sea Vee. Went with Sea Vee, and am glad I did. I had a 320B built and have zero regrets. They truly will build you a custom boat. I had several things that I wanted done to the boat, and they were more than accommodating, where as some of the others wanted to build me a boat the way they wanted it......Especially Wiley.

Good luck!

• CaptJCaptJ Posts: 1,469 Officer
    Wish my wallet could handle one of the brands mentioned above. I think it's almost like splitting hairs. All beautiful boats. By the way, really nice rigging as pictured. I'm currently repurposing an old 25' Anacapri and hope the rigging comes out that good.
  • Sea SnakeSea Snake Posts: 5,536 Admiral
    Shallowv.........it's a shame your opinion thread got turned into a sh%t-show.

Hope you find your perfect boat, when you do , share plenty of pictures !!
  • knot tightknot tight Posts: 250 Deckhand
    edited September 2019 #43

I have a 2018 32st Contender and in my opinion its the best overall hull in the 32ft range of top tiered boats that's setup to fish.  Its fast at 63-64mph with a pair of 300's and is very efficient hitting 40-41 mph loaded to fish on the way out at 1.7 mpg.  As mentioned SeaVee and Yellowfin both make great boats that are finished little better with the SeaVee being the best finished of the 3. I don't like the stern layout on the 32 SeaVee personally with the big square livewell and no toe kick space and the 32 Yellowfin has a tiny cockpit and will also cost a good bit more than the Contender.  Both boats are slower than the Contender thus burning more fuel.  I think the 29 Yellowfin is an awesome boat and I haven't fished one but I know they are fast and look like they run well in the ocean.  I saw a new one a few weeks ago with forward seating and the cockpit and space forward of the console make it look closer to a 26 and I would guess it would be tight with 4 guys fishing.  My boat happens to be for sale as I am moving up.  If you want to take a look at it or take it for a ride the boats lift kept in Jax so its easy to do.  Corey Maire 904-318-9916 

Here is a link if you want to check it out.

https://forums.floridasportsman.com/discussion/272659/2018-32st-contender#latest

Appreciate everyone's input so far.  I think I have narrowed it down to sea V, yellowfin and cape horn.  

I feel like Jupiter is going to be a little wet, pricey and maybe not as much a fishing setup 

• bicyclistbicyclist FlardaPosts: 1,654 Captain
    shallowv said:
    Appreciate everyone's input so far.  I think I have narrowed it down to sea V, yellowfin and cape horn.  

I feel like Jupiter is going to be a little wet, pricey and maybe not as much a fishing setup 

Just curious, did you look at the Mirage? I don't really know if it within the price range of the other boats. I am pretty sure it is more of a dedicated blue-water boat.
  • osprey11osprey11 Posts: 1,385 Officer
    LOL  the old offshore club flags where black not yellow.    Now back on topic.    While seavee is a great boat.  It isn't for our area.  It is a South Florida hull.    Meant for shorter rides and bigger seas.  It is a HEAVY hull.  You would waste a lot of gas getting to where we fish here.   Nothing wrong with it just not ideal!
    Thanks osprey.  Do you like YF or the cape horn for up here?
  • osprey11osprey11 Posts: 1,385 Officer
    Both  great.   All will be great boats.  Just we have a long way to go here. So speed and economy are a consideration.
  • knot tightknot tight Posts: 250 Deckhand
    If comparing the 32 Cape to the 32 Yellowfin they are both great boats.  The Cape rides well but lacks a lot of storage and is probably 80-100k less than the Yellowfin.  The Yellowfin will be finished better, its a step hull and it has more storage but a much smaller cockpit than the Cape Horn.  The non skid on the Yellowfin is a pain to clean, it hurts to kneel on and also is easier to damage or chip from the boats I have been on and owned.  
  • PangamanPangaman Posts: 911 Officer
    Guy at work just ordered a yellowfin and it is a year wait. 
  • ChillyChilly Posts: 569 Officer
    Onslow bay.  I fish on one regularly out of st. aug.  I have taken friends who own and run all kinds of boats- all the ones mentioned for sure.  Without fail, all are extremely impressed with the 27' offshore model.  the thing is a rocket ship crossed with a battle wagon. it trailers very nicely, deserves a look for sure 

CHEAP BAIT! Try our NE FL Bait Co-op: http://northeastfloridabaitcoop.com/

• C2 H5 OH manC2 H5 OH man Posts: 198 Deckhand
    Don,t overlook the prettiest and high quality of an Intrepid...