Skip to main content
Home Boating

Egret 189 or 210 Mocassin

Carlton0622Carlton0622 Posts: 9 Greenhorn
edited June 3 in Boating #1
Trying to decide between these two boats.  I fish St Marks, Apalachicola and 2 trips yearly to Everglades National Park.  Fishing mainly for redfish and tarpon.  I love to fly fish and I usually hire guides for the more technical tarpon fishing.  If I go  with the 210 is a Yamaha f150 a good option.  I love Yamaha products and have owned a 22 pathfinder and maverick 18hpx (caught more fishing in the maverick than any other boat Ive owned)

Replies

• FlatsBoyFlatsBoy Posts: 1,394 Officer
    Here is the cliff notes quick version!

I've owned both boats. The 189 will have finished compartments and underside lids & lockable rod storage. It will draft at least 2 inches more than the Moccasin 210 especially with a F150 due to displacement of the hull and weight of that engine. The Moccasin 210 will ride better due to the length and hull bottom which is different than the 189. The Moccasin will get up and run in shallower water. I would power the Moccasin with a 200 minimum especially for resale for the future even if your keeping it forever.You'll have more cockpit space to move around and feel like your in the boat due to the open gunnels unlike the 189 which has a one piece cockpit. The live well setup is more conducive to live baiting than the 189.They are both self bailing the 189 will fit in a larger garage easier than a 210 Moccasin. Hope this helps. I'm sure more will chime in. There is more to add and talk about. The best advice is to go see & run both boats and then you decide which works best for you.