Home General Paddle Craft

Paddle Boarding - Where to launch?

GeeTeeGeeTee Boca RatonPosts: 186 Deckhand
Would like to try and get to Munyon Island or somewhere close by - actually looking to paddle where Manatees are. I want to take the family for a different paddle - we spend alot of time in the ocean but want to go into the ICW. Question is, where can i park and launch without being towed or get a ticket? Do i need to go into Mcarthur Beach State park or can i park on A1A? I need to carry 4 boards so pref somewhere thats close to the water lol

Any advice appreciated.

Replies

• crghsscrghss Posts: 163 Deckhand
    You can park on A1A. Heading south just past the park you’ll see the pullover. 
    coral cove on Jupiter island is a good launch as is Sawfish bay park on alternate A1A in Jupiter.
  • ReelHazardReelHazard Posts: 131 Deckhand
    As said, A1A just passed MacArthur and before the condos. Park on the side and walk between the rail and mangroves to lunch. This is the best spot IMO to park and launch for little Munyon and Munyon Islands...

See the pin on this map:

https://goo.gl/maps/bfzwxMoxew8Xq74z6
  • GeeTeeGeeTee Boca RatonPosts: 186 Deckhand
    Awesome Thanks guys - i went in at the park and paddled past the area where you suggested to launch at, i now know where it is. Got to Munyon and little Munyon too!!

Is there anywhere closer? I'm in Boca and really dont want to drive to Jupiter or WPB to go for a paddle in the ICW or "calm" paddle with the kids. Any other suggestions?