Skip to main content
Home Off Topic

Google Background Check Says I'm African American.

AC ManAC Man Posts: 7,228 Admiral
edited September 2019 in Off Topic #1
And I drive a Audi TT which my wife did in 2001. The rest looks right. I'm a pasty white blond with roots from England and Ireland.If the internet says it I guess it must me true.🙂

The one thing I can't figure out is if you Google my name you will see everything about me and my business multiple pages. I tried to Google friends of mine that I grew up with, and search on Facebook I can't find anybody. Just something I've noticed

Replies

• cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 41,568 AG
    What is Google background check?

Do you mean you googled your name?

Former Mini Mart Magnate

I am just here for my amusement. 

• treemanjohntreemanjohn Posts: 7,998 Admiral
    What part of Africa?
    We’re like the piggy bank that everybody is robbing, and that ends
  • AC ManAC Man Posts: 7,228 Admiral
    cadman said:
    What is Google background check?

Do you mean you googled your name?
    Yes, talking about Google my name. Lots of info.Google my old friends. Norhing.

Of course when we search back ground on employees it is thru a agency, not Google.
    I do that occasionally. It is kind of fun what is out there. According to one website I make $12,000  year and I am worth $3 million. Another says I make $200,000 a year and have a net worth of $50,000. A few think I am still married to my deceased ex-wife. 

The only one that was correct was the voter registration one. 

I always google new employees and if you don't. add it to the list of things to do. One applicant posted on their facebook page how they used another person's urine to pass the drug test. It is amazing what a search will uncover. 

I started it after a person told me about the above incident. Ever since then, I do a social media and google search. 

I had one applicant pop on a criminal background and Google had the actual news story where they killed  a person down in Miami in a lover's argument. 

Google can actually give you interesting data some times. 

Former Mini Mart Magnate

• mindyabinessmindyabiness Posts: 7,688 Admiral
    You for what's worth.....
    You seem black to me.
    Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to crap on the board and strut around like it won anyway.
    I AM NOT A RACIST
  • Westwall01Westwall01 Posts: 5,452 Admiral
    Congratulations on your discovery
  • ANUMBER1ANUMBER1 Posts: 12,892 AG
    can you apply for EBT based on that?
    asking for a friend.
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
    edited September 2019 #10
    The paid background checks are accurate which we do for work. Google is a comedy of errors. Actually funny. However , they get a lot of stuff right but they have more stuff wrong. I guess my buddies that I Google don't have a **** thing to attract Google search.
  • Gary SGary S Posts: 3,177 Captain
    After growing up with you they decided to keep a low profile. And I can tell you right now I'm not going to pay you any repatriation money for your slave years.
  • johnpowersjohnpowers BayPosts: 2,898 Captain
    If it’s on the internet it must be true. 
  • GardawgGardawg IslamoradaPosts: 15,647 AG
    Every now and then the bull will jump the fence.

"Forgiveness is a strange thing. It can be sometimes easier to forgive our enemies than our friends. It can be hardest of all to forgive people we love." Fred Rogers  
  • King_MeKing_Me Delray Beach, FLPosts: 7,091 Admiral
    Nothings private anymore, have never been scammed during my life until recently.

Just yesterday I was meeting with my financial planner and he wanted to know what my real estate taxes were, not knowing myself he had the answer in less than a minute through Google.
  • Fish HaidFish Haid Posts: 8,417 Admiral
    edited September 2019 #15
    I can't imagine why it would say you are Black?

23895.gif
    Okay, you got me there. :)
  • biglarbiglar Posts: 183 Deckhand
    I strongly disagree with current "politically correct" terminology.  (I disagree with almost everything "politically correct," but am strongly in favor of common sense)  What's wrong with calling a Black American a Black American ??  How is that politically incorrect ??  His skin is black, he's black.  Big deal.  It's a description based on observation, not an insult.  Everywhere I go, every form I fill out, I'm White or White American....sometimes Caucasian, based on observation of my skin color.  If I'm White American, what difference with Black American ?? 

"I" believe there is no such thing anymore (or very rarely, at least, in the case of modern African immigrants) an "African American."  How silly can you get ??  Any "African" was diluted out of them generations ago - now they're Black Americans....or....just plain Americans.

Same with reparations.  Slavery ended 150+ years ago.  I invite anyone who feels victimized because they were a slave to step up and claim his/her "reparations."  (that's not saying they'll get any - assuming there's someone out there who's at least 160 years old)
  • I was born a poor Black Child in the Ghettos, Took me years to convince myself I was a Cracker. Then I got a job on Big Money Yachts and started dating Fine Spanish Women.....among others.
    I'm liking this White Privilege now that I've got it..
    Killin and Grillin :grin
    biglar said:
    I strongly disagree with current "politically correct" terminology.  (I disagree with almost everything "politically correct," but am strongly in favor of common sense)  What's wrong with calling a Black American a Black American ??  How is that politically incorrect ??  His skin is black, he's black.  Big deal.  It's a description based on observation, not an insult.  Everywhere I go, every form I fill out, I'm White or White American....sometimes Caucasian, based on observation of my skin color.  If I'm White American, what difference with Black American ?? 

"I" believe there is no such thing anymore (or very rarely, at least, in the case of modern African immigrants) an "African American."  How silly can you get ??  Any "African" was diluted out of them generations ago - now they're Black Americans....or....just plain Americans.

Same with reparations.  Slavery ended 150+ years ago.  I invite anyone who feels victimized because they were a slave to step up and claim his/her "reparations."  (that's not saying they'll get any - assuming there's someone out there who's at least 160 years old)
    That's another subject. I'm just saying it said I was African American, could have said I was black. The point is they got it wrong.
  • surfmansurfman WC FLPosts: 6,022 Admiral
    Now you are entitled to all kinds of hand outs, congratulation!!
    Tight Lines, Steve
    My posts are my opinion only.

Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.  Will Rogers
  • johnpowersjohnpowers BayPosts: 2,898 Captain
    I know someone who’s wife is African American, she is blond and blue eyed. She is from South Africa. 
  • MRichardsonMRichardson Posts: 10,466 AG
    cadman said:
    I do that occasionally. It is kind of fun what is out there. According to one website I make $12,000  year and I am worth $3 million. Another says I make $200,000 a year and have a net worth of $50,000. A few think I am still married to my deceased ex-wife. 

The only one that was correct was the voter registration one. 

I always google new employees and if you don't. add it to the list of things to do. One applicant posted on their facebook page how they used another person's urine to pass the drug test. It is amazing what a search will uncover. 

I started it after a person told me about the above incident. Ever since then, I do a social media and google search. 

I had one applicant pop on a criminal background and Google had the actual news story where they killed  a person down in Miami in a lover's argument. 

Google can actually give you interesting data some times. 

You point out how erroneous the Google background checks are then recommend doing them?

Odd.
    I have never seen live bones, but I know that they are often used by rich people to decorate the interior.
    It is the social media posting you want to check. 
    Some things are correct and give insight into the person. 
    Almost every  large corporation does social media searches on employees 

Former Mini Mart Magnate

• Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 16,578 AG
    cadman said:
    That's what privacy settings are for
    You can't pet a dead dog back to life 
  • MRichardsonMRichardson Posts: 10,466 AG
    As for the drug test thing, I don't care how they pass it as long as they pass it if it's required for my insurance or whatever.  Don't ask, don't tell, I say.
    I have never seen live bones, but I know that they are often used by rich people to decorate the interior.
  • SaltwaterdawgSaltwaterdawg Too far from the gulfPosts: 4,839 Captain
    I’m 1/100000000 Indian, however I identify as Caucasian.
  • dragon baitdragon bait Posts: 10,931 AG
    cadman said:
    That's what privacy settings are for

And Fictions names.
  • SaltygatorvetSaltygatorvet TallahasseePosts: 5,807 Admiral
    edited September 2019 #28
    biglar said:

I’ve never seen a black or white person. Some light and dark brown, olive, yellow, and kinda pink, but never black or white. And it’s really not about you, if black people don’t want to be called black, than that’s their right. 
    You should have been here yesterday
  • biglarbiglar Posts: 183 Deckhand

if black people don’t want to be called black, than that’s their right. 
    You're absolutely right, of course, but from what I've seen I'd say that almost all of the fuss about what to call who has been from young white activists.
  • ResinheadResinhead Posts: 10,987 AG
    Black is the new white
  • Westwall01Westwall01 Posts: 5,452 Admiral
    I know someone who’s wife is African American, she is blond and blue eyed. She is from South Africa. 

I have a buddy whos also African American - white as can be and is first generation from South Africa