Rod blank selection

Any body using MHX blanks with success? I have had 3 of the same blanks all break at the exact same location. Not quite sure what is up with that. I have a few other blanks that had had no issue.

Replies

• ReelthiefReelthief Fort Lauderdale Posts: 123 Deckhand
    I've used quite a few of them over the years and never had an issue. They do warranty their blanks if you register them. Just curious, where they are breaking on you?
  • GettnreddyGettnreddy Posts: 49 Greenhorn
    7'  blank is breaking at 20" down from the tip. 2 of the rods were my personnal rods. Never over loaded, high sticked,  or dropped. The 3rd blank is a friend of mine. All 3 of these rods are the same blank.
    I also fish a 7-6" with no issue and my wife has a 6'6" and a 7' with no issues.
    The warranty I looked up and only a 1 year and there was a fee, can't remember how much, 50 or 90.
  • ReelthiefReelthief Fort Lauderdale Posts: 123 Deckhand
    I would give mud hole a call and run it by them. They have great customer service. On a 7` blank it sounds like 20 inches would be around the area of the tip transition. Please post up their response about it.
  • Alex from GAAlex from GA Posts: 1,356 Officer
    I'm using a couple several times a week for a couple of years with no problem.  Reelthief is right contact Mudhole.