Home Politics

Why in the world will the GOP not contemplate Huntsman?

SWFL_F1sh0nSWFL_F1sh0n Posts: 17,248 Officer
John Huntsman is the ONLY person who can beat President Obama. He is well spoken, has reasonable views, has been a Gov. has been a ambassador to our greatest foe and has great moral and ethical character.

What the heck is wrong with you guys? He could pull the Independent vote as well as centrist Dem's. I am a Dem and I am telling you guys how to win . . but it just falls on deaf ears . . what's the deal? Why can't the GOP understand this?

Replies

• beach_tradebeach_trade Posts: 2,040 Captain
    Of the fringe guys I like Roemer. His stance on campaign finance reform and his willingness to tell the truth about super pacs and money in politics is refreshing.
  • Lobstercatcher229Lobstercatcher229 Posts: 4,845 Captain
    John Huntsman is the ONLY person who can beat President Obama. He is well spoken, has reasonable views, has been a Gov. has been a ambassador to our greatest foe and has great moral and ethical character.

What the heck is wrong with you guys? He could pull the Independent vote as well as centrist Dem's. I am a Dem and I am telling you guys how to win . . but it just falls on deaf ears . . what's the deal? Why can't the GOP understand this?

I have said several times on this forum that I liked the days of the "smoke filled rooms" where the Conventions tried to pick somebody excellent. This primary/debate thing isn't working out really well in my opinion.
  • SWFL_F1sh0nSWFL_F1sh0n Posts: 17,248 Officer
    Did you see him on rachel last night? He was pretty good.
  • fins4mefins4me Posts: 14,487 AG
    Did you see him on rachel last night? He was pretty good.

Why would anybody want to "be on Rachel"??
    ALLISON XB 21,, MERCURY 300 Opti Max Pro Series (Slightly Modified) You can't catch me!!!
    "Today is MINE"
  • Lucky7Team2Lucky7Team2 Posts: 6,793 Admiral
    fins4me wrote: »
    Why would anybody want to "be on Rachel"??

Fins would rather be on Hannity, literally...
  • fins4mefins4me Posts: 14,487 AG
    Nope not him or it (madcow).
    ALLISON XB 21,, MERCURY 300 Opti Max Pro Series (Slightly Modified) You can't catch me!!!
    "Today is MINE"
  • TonySalTonySal Posts: 1,479 Officer

Long gone are the days when republicans used to THINK about who would be the best nominee to beat their respective rival. They used to listen to their consitituents, align their policies with the populace and chose intelligent articulate candidates that presented a challenge to the democrats.

NOW, decisions are based on ideology, religion and signed pledges. It appears that the more stupid and more radical you can make your statements the louder the cheers you get. From allowing a person without health insurance to die due to lack of payment to booing a gay soldier in Afghanistan fighting for American freedoms the Repubican candidates chum the waters so the tea party scumbags can feed vigorously on rhetoric, ignoring the independent vote which they MUST secure to win in 2012.

You want to know why Huntsman cannot garner more than 2%? Huntsman is a smart, well spoken, articulate candidate who has the ability to see both sides of an issue and could probably bring the two feuding sides together on a consensus. However a well spoken, smart and articulate problem solver is not what the GnoP is looking for.
  • sEEkErsEEkEr Posts: 2,842 Officer
    You want to know why Huntsman cannot garner more than 2%? Huntsman is a smart, well spoken, articulate candidate who has the ability to see both sides of an issue and could probably bring the two feuding sides together on a consensus. However a well spoken, smart and articulate problem solver is not what the GnoP is looking for.

That makes him a RINO around here.....
  • Deep DropperDeep Dropper Posts: 2,895 Officer
    Conservative Gov. from a very Repup State in the Union. That instigated a flat tax and an HR reform with no mandate. Knows how to deal with China and can create jobs.

Ranked by the Cato Institute in 2008 one of the most fiscally conservative governors in America
    Pew Center- the “best-managed” state

Forbes- the “most fiscally fit” and ranked first in the country for job creation

WSJ rated him the most conservative of the Republican presidential field.

But Noooooooooooooo

It's the 2 HC mandate Gobal warming supporting Queens.
  • ben17ben17 Posts: 2,782 Officer
    He's too smart.
  • arbitrageurarbitrageur Posts: 371 Officer
    How about that the "base" of the R Party is so "out there" it wouldn't know real Republican if he ran for President?

Here we have in Romney - an extremely qualified guy, proven business leader, non-hypocrite with real family values, tons of executive experience, actually tried to do something about healthcare, etc... and Huntsman, also a proven business and government leader with extensive global experience and reasoned, sober, considered positions...

And the "base" continues to flutter from one hypocritical, unqualied, knuckle-dragging ninny to the next. Palin, Bachmann, Perry, Cain, and now Gingrich... all unelectable.

Many say it doesn't matter, this is what primaries are for, etc. Well, I hope they are right, but doubt it.

The fact is the "base" is lukewarm on Romney and Huntsman because the "base" has a warped sense of reality, thinks Palin and GWB are solid intellects and "straight shooters", doesn't read, thinks everything is black and white, etc. and can't stand the reality that life is full of gray and nuance.

Romney and Huntsman reek of this reality. Bad news for them...
    Qui audet adipiscitur
  • ScminnowScminnow Posts: 4,119 Captain
    How about we could give a flip what you libs think. You voted for Hussein remember ?
    Scminnow wrote: »
    How about we could give a flip what you libs think. You voted for Hussein remember ?

Maybe some of us want to see a viable, serious, electable candidate to pick from besides forcing us back to the lessor of 2 evils scenario. You guys make it to easy to re-elect Obama
    Obama / Huntsman 2012
    We already have the smartest prez evah lol
    Huntsman the other white lib lol
  • arbitrageurarbitrageur Posts: 371 Officer
    That's it right there... I'm supporting Romney and think Huntsman is head and shoulders above the rest of the "candidates"... and to a representative of the Republican "base" that makes me a "lib."

You go with that, man.
    Qui audet adipiscitur
    You go with that, man.
    I'm a cat, I'm too stupid to realize how great you guys are.
    You guys aren't going to vote for the other white lib anyway.
    You guys aren't going to vote for the other white lib anyway.

Who would want to vote for Amnesty Newt or Pro choice Mittens?

You I am betting will.
  • Team SabatageTeam Sabatage USA, USA, USAPosts: 13,014 AG
    CAUSE HE DON"T HAVE NEXT!

Romeny has next. A promise was made to a player.

Huntsman will be for VP, he is to new to the game to get the nomination, he has to wait his turn, which will be after Romney. Romney wins, he has next in 8 years, Romney looses, he has next in 4 years.

WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE!
    Strap me in, tie me down and roll me a bone, I'm getting on an airplane and I'm flying home...
  • Duke LaCroixDuke LaCroix Posts: 123 Deckhand
    Huntsman is as inspiring as primer on a wall.
    Maybe so, but if you want a good paint job, you better use primer first.

Mormons are not exciting as a general rule. They do however subscribe and uphold many Republican doctrines better than most.
    Family values?
    They have a "family night" once a week, it may be something as simple as shooting hoops in the driveway, but they do it together and they do it every week. They do not believe that people should have pre-marital sex, they believe in fidelity and they are taught how to achive it. Most married couples still go on dates. Yes, mom and dad going out, just like before they were married. Not to a bar, they don't drink spirited beverages. No, just a date, to the movies, have ice cream, take a drive, they do something together as a couple every week. It really helps keep a marriage together.
    This is why Mitt and John have the same wife they started with and will into the future. This is why there are no women coming forward with tales of trysts. Notice who made a campaign ad for John, his daughters. What did he say about it, that he loved them and thought it was fun. No drunken falling down daughters in that family, won't be either.
    Guns?
    Mormons love them, can't get enough. 2nd amendment all the way. Open carry.
    Abortion?
    Strictly against it. Mitt may have been confused while running for Gov of MA, but as soon as he was done, the Prophet straightened him out on that.
    Fiscal Conservatives?
    Yep, Their state of UT still has one of the lowest unemployment rates in the country and is projecting revenue increases as most other states fear going broke. Why companies like Novell and Hercules choose to operate there. Some of the lowest tax rates, lowest per capita spending on education, still turn out scholars because they believe in working hard. Welfare is what you give to others in their time of need. Not something you expect yourself. All while tithing 10% to the church.
    Patriots?
    The FBI & CIA love Mormons, they know how to wear a suit and take orders without questioning authority. Any clues why the US decided to put their newest spy center in UT?
    Christians?
    They read the new testament every 2 years, all of it.

I'm telling you all, again. Huntsman/Romney or Romney/Huntsman is the team to win and bring America back to it's values and restore the way of life we used to have.
    RP for sec of Treasury, Mike Levitt has already been head of EPA once. They can assemble quite a team, a winning team and a team that is good for America.
    So go ahead, badmouth Mormons, say America will never accept them, badmouth the only Christian religion founded on American soil, by Americans that believe America is the chosen land of God.

Go ahead, get Obomination re-elected. Make your bed and lay in it.
    Strap me in, tie me down and roll me a bone, I'm getting on an airplane and I'm flying home...
  • WaterEngineerWaterEngineer Posts: 24,415 AG

Mormons are not exciting as a general rule.

This.
  • Lobstercatcher229Lobstercatcher229 Posts: 4,845 Captain
    "Abortion? Strictly against it. Mitt may have been confused while running for Gov of MA, but as soon as he was done, the Prophet straightened him out on that."

pretty funny!:rotflmao
  • dstockwelldstockwell Posts: 13,822 AG
    the only Christian religion founded on American soil, by Americans that believe America is the chosen land of God.

WOW, so the holy land is in UT, stop the presses, re-write the Bible, what will the Jews make of this. :grin
    It is not the responsibility of the United States to solve the problems of other countries.
    The jews killed Christ. Oh, wait, that's wrong, Christ has not come yet.

Actually the whole of North America is the chosen land, from a hole beneath a tree in upstate NY to the Great Salt Lake with PA, IL and MO in between. Notice how correctly, Californication is left out.

Of the three great writings, only two have been revealed so far, the Bible and the Book of Mormon. The Mormons read both. They have a schedule that allows them to complete the new testament in one year and the Book of Mormon the next. They keep this up as long as they are faithful. Don't get into a scripture argument with a Mormon over the age of 40, they will wipe the floor with most so called Christians.