Walkers Cay

2amigo2amigo Posts: 4,790 Captain
Saw this on Center Consoles Only on facebook. Hope the guy doesn’t mind I copied his pic. But they are working hard there and plan to open in 2020. Looks good so far. 

Replies

• privateer19privateer19 Posts: 438 Deckhand
    very. very special place. hope the marina will be set up the way it used to be. it would be a nice nod to its history.
  • ALASKA GUYALASKA GUY Posts: 64 Greenhorn
    its going to be set up for the ultra rich, look up the new owner, it will be for him and his really rich buds. 
  • PicmanPicman Posts: 234 Deckhand
    its going to be set up for the ultra rich, look up the new owner, it will be for him and his really rich buds. 
    Rich is in the brain of the beholder...
  • 2amigo2amigo Posts: 4,790 Captain
    Probably not.  Look up Chub Cay.  Wealthy oil guy owns it.  Can't get enough "rich" people there because if you don't like to only fish and dive then not many people are ever that interested.  Island like this and also Chub need us "poor" people for the overhead.  Rich people like to keep their losses at a minimum. 
  • nuevowavonuevowavo Posts: 6,678 Admin
    2amigo said:
    Probably not.  Look up Chub Cay.  Wealthy oil guy owns it.  Can't get enough "rich" people there because if you don't like to only fish and dive then not many people are ever that interested.  Island like this and also Chub need us "poor" people for the overhead.  Rich people like to keep their losses at a minimum. 
    That was the problem with the initial redevelopment at Chub. The new owner, who owned the Ft. Lauderdale and other boat shows, thought that he could develop it with his megayacht buddies in mind. But there's nothing to do at Chub except fish and dive, so when you pull in in your 100+foot yacht, after about a day the wife complains that she's bored and you leave for Atlantis.
    Federales, bring my baby back to me!
  • bicyclistbicyclist FlardaPosts: 766 Officer
    A friend of mines brother just got back from a trip to Walkers. I did not think anything was open there yet? Guess I am wrong.
    nuevowavo said:
    2amigo said:
    That was the problem with the initial redevelopment at Chub. The new owner, who owned the Ft. Lauderdale and other boat shows, thought that he could develop it with his megayacht buddies in mind. But there's nothing to do at Chub except fish and dive, so when you pull in in your 100+foot yacht, after about a day the wife complains that she's bored and you leave for Atlantis.
    That reminds Me of a song sung to the tune of Tiny Bubbles,  “WHINEY ****”😎
    Type your commentIt rhymes with britches
  • ALASKA GUYALASKA GUY Posts: 64 Greenhorn
    2amigo said:
    Saw this on Center Consoles Only on facebook. Hope the guy doesn’t mind I copied his pic. But they are working hard there and plan to open in 2020. Looks good so far. 
    any thing that has been done will need to be redone after today,