Home Boating

xpress boats

tap67tap67 tampaPosts: 1 Greenhorn
I have a 2008 xpress HD 20 tunnel hull.over the last 8 yrs I have had issues with corrosion making the paint on the floors peel, and just yesterday I found 7 holes in the tunnel under the boat. these holes started from the inside of the boat and corroded outward. when I contacted xpress the said all the stand behind are their welds. so beware new buyers you get no kind of warranty

Replies

• Reel TealReel Teal Posts: 3,963 Captain
  • livebaitlivebait Posts: 793 Officer
    I'll buy one if they would give a warranty on an 11 year year old boat used in salt water.
  • FlecFlec Posts: 733 Officer
    Are you getting water in thru those holes now?  That really sucks. Has there been saltwater inside the boat for some reason over the years, maybe from swimming or buckets etc?  I have a 2015 Xpress XP16 that I purchased new.So far I am still pleased with it. I do have some paint flaking and corrosion on the upper transom around the u-bolts that are used for transom tiedown straps. My trips are 90% in the Indian River lagoon. A few trips in the ocean.
  • MRichardsonMRichardson Posts: 10,461 AG
    LOL.  11 yrs.  Go get em
    I have never seen live bones, but I know that they are often used by rich people to decorate the interior.
  • finbullyfinbully Posts: 877 Officer
    LOL.  11 yrs.  Go get em
    The nerve some manufacturers have. :#
  • gatortroutchampgatortroutchamp Posts: 156 Deckhand
    I don’t know of any aluminum boat used in saltwater that doesn’t eventually fall victim to electrolysis corrosion.  Buy fiberglass for salt and aluminum needs to stay in freshwater 
  • mdemottmdemott Posts: 86 Deckhand
    My neighbor has a 14ft Express with a outboard. They don't do any maintenance on boat or motor and it is used exclusively in salt water . Bought it new approx. two years ago. Makes me ill just thinking what the motor is going through. The betting line is open on how long it will last.
  • plumber1969plumber1969 Posts: 372 Deckhand
    I had a 2013 that I just traded in this year to go in to the deeper gulf. I never had an issue with mine. H-18 bayboat with a 115 yammy. Ran like a scalded dog, hunted gators in it and been 15 miles out in it as well. Freshwater and anodes are your friends for aluminum boats, especially on the bunks. I've had Lowes, G3's and Xpress - like others have said here, maintenance is required. 
    2019 Frontier 2014 
  • m9000m9000 Posts: 2,161 Captain
    Are you leaving your battery switch on when the boat is not in use?  

Wet bunk carpet+ aluminum + stray electrical activity = holes in hull.