Home General Fishing

Trolling Intercoastal Waters

Need any info for trolling the intercoastal for grouper or other fish. Types of baits used, trolling speed or any info that would be helpful.

Replies

• fish_stixfish_stix Posts: 1,372 Officer
    Use large deep diving plugs and troll fast enough to give the plug some action and get down deep. Troll channel edges and dredge holes around bridges and causeways. The deeper the better. Also try trolling parallel to the bridges as close as you can get without hanging up on the pilings. *** feathers with a belly strip or plastic worm also work well around the bridges. Look on Google Earth and you can see dredge holes along most causeways. Edit. WTH! Is the Japanese race of people considered no-no language on this forum. Why does it blank out *** feathers?
  • nicknick Crystal RiverPosts: 4,961 Captain
    I've always thought about pulling some magnum xraps in the intercoastal, just for the hell of it
  • nuclearfishnnuclearfishn Posts: 8,356 Admiral
    nick wrote: »
    I've always thought about pulling some magnum xraps in the intercoastal, just for the hell of it
    i'VE CAUGHT A TON OF FISH TROLLING WITH THE X-RAP 4 INCH LIGHT PURPLE WORKS THE BEST. SNOOK LOVE IT. BOUNCE IT OFF THE BOTTOM AT 3-5 KNOTS.
  • flvol77flvol77 Posts: 261 Officer
    Super Shad Rap - best ICW trolling lure I have ever used, I have about 20 of them that I bought at some close out pricing for $5 a piece. The Hot Tiger seems to work well with me.
    We are not creatures of circumstance; we are creators of circumstance.

Benjamin Disraeli