Home General Fishing

This seems pretty useful heading into lobster season

mikenavmikenav Posts: 861 Officer
The last few days I have spent WAY TOO much time playing with the newest update on my Navionics app. You can now shade different depths different colors. In addition to it being a trippy experience a lot of time, I can't help but think how useful this would be for lobstering, or fishing for crappie, or just trying to stay in a certain range when out on the water. It's pretty cool just to mess around. I think on this screenshot, I set it from 5-15 feet and 20-30, just to see what it looks like. 

Replies

• Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 15,118 AG
    Nifty 
    Yesterday's memories are not today's reality
  • FloridaFishingCoupleFloridaFishingCouple Key Largo Florida, USAPosts: 40 Greenhorn
    Where do you find/download this App? Is it part of your GPS unit on board your boat or is it downloadable to your PC or pad? Appreciate any info. - Capt. Dan
    Check out our Florida Keys helpful fishing channel by clicking the link below:
    YouTube.com/FloridaFishingCouple
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeUpU2Z6CahYWKUU7WcJztA

Never miss a minute of our adventure when you follow us on Social Media: 
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/floridafishingcouple 
    Instagram: @FloridaFishingCouple 

We LOVE subscriber mail!! If you have a product or a recipe you'd like us to try and feature in a video send it to: [email protected] 
    Capt. Dan & Elizabeth
    101425 Overseas Highway #53 Key Largo, FL 33037
  • mikenavmikenav Posts: 861 Officer
    Where do you find/download this App? Is it part of your GPS unit on board your boat or is it downloadable to your PC or pad? Appreciate any info. - Capt. Dan
    This screenshot is from the Navionics app on my phone. You can get it on Android or Apple, table, ipad, etc. It is the Fishing Ranges feature under the Advanced Mapping Options tab.
  • brianuf5220brianuf5220 Posts: 44 Greenhorn
    are you able to plug in GPS Coordinates and go to them on your phone on the free app?  I tried that a few years back and what not able to get done.  Not sure if that works now.  Are you able to on the paid app?

• mikenavmikenav Posts: 861 Officer
    are you able to plug in GPS Coordinates and go to them on your phone on the free app?  I tried that a few years back and what not able to get done.  Not sure if that works now.  Are you able to on the paid app?

There is only one app now and it is paid (Navionics Boating HD, $15), but you can input GPS coordinates, mark that spot and then auto route to that spot with the app.