Home Big Bend General Fishing & The Outdoors

I finally went out and caught some!

Snook SpankerSnook Spanker Inglis / YankeetownPosts: 1,843 Captain
Well it's been a while since I've been able to add any kind of fishing news here since I've pretty much been out at all since March. I finally couldn't take seeing all the great fish being posted here and on F/B so I said the hell w/ Dr's orders and went out last Tuesday on a falling tide and very windy day. My best fish was a 30" chunky snook caught near some shallow rocks on a red spoon while looking for redfish. I'm sure Y'all know how it felt having that strong jumper on the end of my line after so long!! As they say 
"The tug is the drug!" They're right!!!
It was so bumpy out in the Gulf I was having trouble casting and keeping my balance in my flat bottom tub!! So I went to the Yankeetown spoil islands and stayed  on the lee side where I was able to pick up a variety of fish but nothing worthy of a photo or invited home for a meal. Small trout, seabass, ladies and a couple skinny macs were all hitting in the off color water and all on lures. I fished from about 7:30am tp 2pm and left the river hot, sore and very happy!!! Great news now is I've finally been given the heads up yesterday by my Doc!!! So hopefully I'll be out there catching some more very soon?
Note>> It's been so long since I've posted any photo's I've kind of forgot how? Louie when you read this if you have the time, could you post that snook photo I texted you so the gize don't give me grief?? Thanks Cappy, I'll owe you six!!
I am'z what I am'z and that'z all that I am'z!! > Popeye!

Replies

• Moon ShadowMoon Shadow Posts: 1,019 Officer
     :D   Good job Pete
  • ANUMBER1ANUMBER1 Posts: 11,586 AG
    Glad to see you get out and fish!
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
  • biglarbiglar Posts: 183 Deckhand
    "The Tug is the Drug."  Love it and haven't heard that before.  I can picture a T-shirt with that and a picture of a jumping fish with a lure in its' mouth on the back.  I'd buy one.

Sounds like you had an unhappy lay-off and a great return.  Good on you.
  • shuterkngshuterkng Posts: 869 Officer
    Great report Pete.Glad you got out.im here in your old home town hoping to get up  to fish soon.
  • capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 10,315 Moderator
    You realize how many pics of the giant snook I caught are on my phone ?  I had to scroll through them to find yours !!

I wish....LOL    I haven't caught one for quite awhile...  Here ya go bud. Nice one !

"You'll get your weather"
  • Snook SpankerSnook Spanker Inglis / YankeetownPosts: 1,843 Captain
    Thanks for putting my snook up Louie, glad I made you look at all those GIANT SNOOK of your past! Maybe it will get you motivated to go out and chase some Big post spawn Girls w/ me sometime?? Thanks to the rest of you guys for your for comments!  Moon, I haven't forgot about getting out with you either but between all my ailments and your constant travel and vacations since your retirement (love your photo's on Facebook!!) We'll get out there soon!!

Shut>> I thought you were dead!! Glad to hear your still with us and hitting your secret spots again!! Let me know if you ever want to come chase some Yankeetown Slob-Snooks, ,especially in Aug-Sept when they finish there orgies and get real hungry!!! 

Hope to see more post on here from some of the older members again and the hanger-on regulars, it sure would be nice if we could get this forum back to what it once was!!!!!!!!???????

• Doc StressorDoc Stressor Homosassa, FLPosts: 2,669 Captain
    So you used to catch those things all the time?  Now I get it why they call you Snook Spanker.  B)
  • Snook SpankerSnook Spanker Inglis / YankeetownPosts: 1,843 Captain
    So you used to catch those things all the time?  Now I get it why they call you Snook Spanker.  B)
    Not all the time Doc, but once in a while I'd get lucky when I put the time in. Hopefully I'll get back there again? Please know that you have an open invitation to join me anytime on my boat Doc, if you ever gut the Snook itch??
  • Moon ShadowMoon Shadow Posts: 1,019 Officer
    Thanks to the rest of you guys for your for comments!  Moon, I haven't forgot about getting out with you either but between all my ailments and your constant travel and vacations since your retirement (love your photo's on Facebook!!) We'll get out there soon!!

You know how to get a hold of me when you want to go.  Thanks for the comments on the photos.  Out of state trips are done for a while.  I just do day trips, in state so I home any time you want to go..
  • Alex from GAAlex from GA Posts: 1,496 Officer
    Good going Pete.  I'll be there next winter.
  • Little_GeneLittle_Gene Posts: 371 Deckhand
    Hey Pete glad you got on some!!!!!
  • SlackerSlacker Posts: 1,633 Captain
  • THINKICANTHINKICAN Homosassa, FLPosts: 574 Officer
     :) 
    SO WHEN IS THIS "OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER" SUPPOSED TO KICK IN?
  • xmuskyguidexmuskyguide Beautiful HomosassaPosts: 1,793 Captain
    Glad to see you back out there spankin' them Pete.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]