Home General Paddle Craft

EKFT Summer Slam I Thread

jcanracerjcanracer Posts: 4,344 Moderator
I just want to wish everyone good luck and tight lines this weekend, particularly those participating in the Extreme Kayak Fishing Tournament. For those that are new to kayak fishing, here's the link: https://www.extremekayakfishingtournament.org/ Its a really great tournament in Pompano Beach Florida, and they have 3 events per year. I won't be participating this time, but might be able to do Summer Slam II later this summer.

Feel free to post reports and pictures if you do go!

Hobie Kayak angler for life!

Replies

• krashkrash Posts: 682 Officer
    Looks like a great day for the event.... good luck to all.

Old Fugger who just likes to fish
  • John McKroidJohn McKroid Posts: 1,952 Captain
    I believe there were about 130 anglers participating.  The weather was flat calm, like a lake.  There was none to weak current, so don't think anyone had to be rescued by the help boat.  Fishing was overall pretty good with many limits of king mackerel taken.  I believe it was the most fish they have ever weighed in for any tournament.  To win one needed to have bigger Kings or a blackfin.  First and Second place was taken by Orlando anglers, which I believe were also first time participants.  Personally, my limit of kings was too small, and my cuda was a second place for the trashcan slam.  
    Congratulations to all the winners!  

Extreme Kayak Fishing Summer Slam I - Results

1st - Justin Richey 41.8lbs - $5,000.00 (TURBO USA and
    Railblaza Trophy Global Fish Mounts
    2nd - Jeff Forand 35.85lbs - Hobie Outback Kayak worth $2,750 (Nautical Ventures Marine Super Store plaque Global Fishmounts
    3rd - Brian Nelli 33.2lbs - Hobie Revo kayak worth $2,550 Nautical Ventures Marine Superstore plaque Global Fishmounts
    4th - Shaun Roles 33.07lbs - $500 Costa Sunglasses prize pack, Garmin Marine Striker Plus 7cv + Transducer Plaque Global Fishmounts
    5th - Ranzay Blanco 33lbs - $600 Yeti Prize Pack Certificate
    Plaque Global Fishmounts
    6th - Eric Clark 32.25lbs. - $500 Garmin Marine Striker Plus 7cv, Costa Sunglasses and Global Fishmounts plaque
    7th - Brandon Meltzer 31.39lbs. - $400 Garmin Quatix 5, Marine GPS Smartwatch 
    8th - Adrian Giosa 31.33lbs - $365 Hobie Livewell V2
    9th - Jacob Dush 25.84lbs - Costa Sunglasses worth $250
    10th - Leandro Pera 24.14lbs Torquedo  $200 Gift Certificate 
    11th - Hector Vasquez 23.83lbs $50 gift certificate to Grease Burger Bar and free entry to Summer Slam part 2 entry
    12th - Frank Castillo 22.82lbs
    13th - Franco Navidad 22.58lbs
    14th - James Butters 22.16lbs.
    15th - Alejandro Duberti 21.54lbs.

KINGFISH CALCUTTA $1300 - Shaun Roles 20.68lbs.
    Tunaskin Tuna Division - Justin Ritchey 21.78lbs. - $250 Tunaskin Apparel Package
    Trash Can Slam Carl Slagle 23.37lbs - Custom Trash Can Slam Trophy and Costa Sun Glasses

• jcanracerjcanracer Posts: 4,344 Moderator
    I caught up on Facebook. It looks like it was a **** hot day too!
    If I have a clear schedule, I'll try to participate in Summer Slam II. I'm so rusty, I'd be happy just to catch something and not get to the beach empty-handed.
    Hobie Kayak angler for life!
    jcanracer said:
    I caught up on Facebook. It looks like it was a **** hot day too!
    If I have a clear schedule, I'll try to participate in Summer Slam II. I'm so rusty, I'd be happy just to catch something and not get to the beach empty-handed.
    Some of the winners were new participants, others were revisiting the sport.  New winners all the time....You could be next!