Home West Central General Fishing & The Outdoors

Moving Down/Advice Needed

2»

Replies

• hook_emhook_em Posts: 144 Deckhand
    I just don't want to deal with the hassle of towing it down, plus I do need a bigger boat for family and T-top and more seating for the wife.  Would like a bait well too.  The boat I have is great for myself and a friend or two.  So what are some recommendations on boat size.  23' 24' 25'etc...any advice is appreciated.  Would like to be able to run out a ways.  I pick the days I go way out, but like the comfort of knowing if the weather picks up I have a boat that can  handle decent seas.
    Everybody has their favorite boat but I've been happy with my Sea Hunt 25BXBR.

It has not one, not two, but THREE baitwells.  Plenty of room to move around.  It isn't technically an offshore boat but I use it for that more than in the bay.  The ride is a little "flat" but it gets me there.  I'm comfortable taking it 40 miles out (after a 10 mile run in the bay).  The Sea Hunts were the most reasonably priced boats I found for what I was looking for.
  • jay825jay825 Posts: 517 Officer
    I had my Grady white tolled from NY by us hip for $500!
    A BAD DAY OF FISHING! IS BETTER THAN A DAY HOME WITH THE WIFE!!
  • jay825jay825 Posts: 517 Officer
    U-ship ^^^^^^^
    A BAD DAY OF FISHING! IS BETTER THAN A DAY HOME WITH THE WIFE!!
  • MaineOffShoreMaineOffShore Posts: 125 Deckhand
    Yeah that is going to be a major bummer.  Thankfully the wife is a Floridian and her priority is to get a boat too..She is a great fishing buddy so that helps😁