Hubbards 12-hr Day Trips, Red Snapper - 6-23-19 Update

Rich MRich M Posts: 1,244 Officer
Hey Harbison, John,

How have the 12-hr boats been doing?

Thanks!

Replies

• harbisonharbison Posts: 3,332 Captain
    Called Dylan Hubbard to fin out.
    Per Dylan... Have been catching a few American Reds. However they cannot fish deep enough to catch big numbers or sizes. 
    Highly recommended the Flying HUB l or ll. They can easily reach prime ARS grounds on a one day trip.
    Best option is the 39/44 overnight trips... Fishing in waters from 177 to 200+ feet. 
    These are from the 44 hour trip last weekend:

The entire boat limited out  (2 day limit) 
  • Grouper GeniusGrouper Genius Posts: 1,336 Officer
    Normally I would say $400-$500 is a LOT to get 4 ARS.

But I just spent about $300 to get just 1 Saturday in my own boat. LOL
    2400 CC Sea Chaser-Yamaha F250-Bad **** Tower (SOLD)
    Grady White 306 Bimini 300 Suzukis
    Hurricane 246 FunDeck
  • jay825jay825 Posts: 517 Officer
    this is what I fished on my 12hr trip in Hubbards and it was on the opening day red snappers of 12hr Hubbards trip. if you ask me its not worth it, go with Bob on the 39hr one.
    A BAD DAY OF FISHING! IS BETTER THAN A DAY HOME WITH THE WIFE!!
    Shu the lanes are almost as big as the ARS!!!!^^^^^^^^^^^
  • Kokosing LoverKokosing Lover Posts: 592 Officer
    jay825 said:
    this is what I fished on my 12hr trip in Hubbards and it was on the opening day red snappers of 12hr Hubbards trip. if you ask me its not worth it, go with Bob on the 39hr one.
    4 fish stringer for what the 12 hour trip costs...  That's a tough pill to swallow.  Was the boat catching any mangroves?
    The person next to me and his daughter got 2 but don't expect to catch mangos remember its ARS trip they just lucked out! Yeah its a hard pill to swallow but I've done worst, if you could just go with Bob on the overnighter 39hr one. I couldn't go I got 2 more trips coming up but on the port Canaveral side for ARS on July 12 and 19th.
    Guys, please remember that on the 39/44 hour trips we often fish 200+ feet of water. That's  a lot deeper that the 12 hour Friendly Fisherman can fish. 
    These are from the Friday, 6/14, trip:

The entire boat completely limited out on ARS.
    In addition...

Even the Scamp Grouper run a 'little' large! 

Best to one & all. Would love to see some pictures from the Atlantic side. 
    edited June 18 #9
    I will post some in July, the ARS on that side are very big I do the trips every year. And you don't have to go far when I had my Grady I would. Go maybe 25 to 30 miles out then once I get my ARS I would hit the fathom for my grouper. The ARS on my profile pic was from one of my honey holes on the Atlantic.
    Absolutely fantastic!   Thanks for sharing 
    Thanks Bob.
  • Rich MRich M Posts: 1,244 Officer
    Thanks for the info, guys.  Folks were complaining about the red snapper last year.

The long range trips just aren't in the cards.  

Fishing on Sunday's 12-hr trip.  Boat is about full too.  Just gonna have to work thru it I guess.  Figure they'll do what's best and it will all work out one way or another.  

Booked about 2 months ago - did get some pinfish, probably grab some shrimp and strip up a few fresh squid if it will turn into an anything goes kind of trip.  Also probably scale the tackle down some.  I did a Hubbard trip couple years back for red snapper, got a couple little ones (1 keeper for 8 or 9 caught I think - and 8 or 10 other pan-sized fish), saw whale shark, life was good.  Learned a bit about how the captains position the boat.

Any fish on the troll?  We're on the back of the boat so in position to troll.  Spoon & planer, bucktail w strip, lead trolling lure w strip or hoo, double-hooked rigged ballyhoo?

Also heading out on July 12 on Atlantic side.
    Wishing you nothing but the best.  
    Would love to know more about fishing in the Atlantic. Know very little. 
    The seas on the gulf are way calmed, the Atlantic seas are rough.
    Shorter trip to the fish on the Atlantic.  Bigger fish as a rule.
  • TugasTugas Posts: 181 Deckhand
    No way . The gulf is where it’s at not even close . Jurassic park out there 
  • josh_scott84josh_scott84 ClearwaterPosts: 189 Deckhand
    edited June 18 #17
    Normally I would say $400-$500 is a LOT to get 4 ARS.

But I just spent about $300 to get just 1 Saturday in my own boat. LOL
    Pssfffttt, Took a day off and spent $247 on Monday just to get the crap beat out of me at the Veterans reef by the seas. I just couldn't bring myself to give up and head in, until I finally did.
    I fish both sides the gulf and the Atlantic every year. And I have. To say I like the gulf and it has nothing to do with the ars.
  • lukkyracerlukkyracer Posts: 702 Officer
    Anyone ever fish the flying hub2? Im going mid July on the 12 hour extreme trip. Talked to Jason yesterday. He seems like a good dude.
    I have.
    Anyone ever fish the flying hub2? Im going mid July on the 12 hour extreme trip. Talked to Jason yesterday. He seems like a good dude.
    I have!
  • lukkyracerlukkyracer Posts: 702 Officer
    How did you do? Looking forward to it
    How did you do? Looking forward to it
    II did pretty good. Make sure u have the right tackle the fish are bigger on that trip.
  • rjmckenna2005rjmckenna2005 Cape Coral, FLPosts: 21 Greenhorn
    edited June 20 #24
    What is the rate for a trip on the hub2 12 hour? Do you need to book the whole boat or is it a shared trip? Been looking at Hubbards recently based on what all you guys haveto say and want to give it a shot, but want to go for the bigguns. 
    What is the rate for a trip on the hub2 12 hour? Do you need to book the whole boat or is it a shared trip? Been looking at Hubbards recently based on what all you guys haveto say and want to give it a shot, but want to go for the bigguns. 
    It a shared boat but not a lot of people I think like 12 or 14 something like that.
    edited June 24 #26
    Went out on yesterday's 12-hour trip.

Caught a handful of short red snapper, 20+ b-liners (I gave up on catching them with double hook rig - most were 9.75 inches), grunts, rudderfish, and a 32-inch blackfin tuna.  Son in law caught some red snapper (2 were 15.75 inches), grunts b-liners, lane snapper.  He was fishing larger baits and grunt chunks.

Tuna saved the day for me.  Blackened tuna for dinner tonight.

Dead calm and hotter as blazes out there.

Saw this guy on the way back in.

No more 12hr trips for me I'm done with them next year im going with bob!!
  • retiredviejoretiredviejo San PedroPosts: 214 Deckhand
    I would love to go on 12kt headboat  with 50 people for three days. Like a disco, but better. 
    Lmao^^^^
     "next year im going with bob!!"   
    Sir, it will be an honor to welcome you to the Florida Fisherman ll.
    Here are a few yet to be published shots from the 6/21/19  39 hour trip. 

Thanks for sharing Bob.