Anyone fishing Jupiter from the beach for Snook?

viejo pescadorviejo pescador Posts: 35 Greenhorn
Planning on heading over to Jupiter, for a week the last part of June. Anyone one had any success with the Live Target Croaker lure?
Thanks and regards

Replies

• Capjohnson.mikeCapjohnson.mike Posts: 88 Greenhorn
    Yea buddy. I love Live Target. There swimming mullet and croaker are big snook baits. Fish near the inlet on a good out going tide. Sometimes a Decent SE wind with a good outgoing tide will push bait and fish in the south jetti. Bouncing a DOA bait buster is a great bait as well. Go have at it man

Mike

[email protected]
  • nowinchattnowinchatt Posts: 69 Greenhorn
    edited June 2019 #3
    Dang, good looking lure. Of course they have to catch a fisherman before they can catch a fish..
    I think this is the best time of year for beach snookin. My  biggest was around high noon on a whiting rig, but always had success once the sun starts to set and they are backlit and you can sight cast them with your croaker or a finger mullet imitator. If the weather get snotty then I switch to a white jig. I generally fished on the south end of Hobe Sound beach as opposed to near Jupiter inlet.
  • viejo pescadorviejo pescador Posts: 35 Greenhorn
    Yea buddy. I love Live Target. There swimming mullet and croaker are big snook baits. Fish near the inlet on a good out going tide. Sometimes a Decent SE wind with a good outgoing tide will push bait and fish in the south jetti. Bouncing a DOA bait buster is a great bait as well. Go have at it man

Mike

[email protected]
    Thanks Mike appreciate the info. Going to give it my best. 
    Dang, good looking lure. Of course they have to catch a fisherman before they can catch a fish..
    I think this is the best time of year for beach snookin. My  biggest was around high noon on a whiting rig, but always had success once the sun starts to set and they are backlit and you can sight cast them with your croaker or a finger mullet imitator. If the weather get snotty then I switch to a white jig. I generally fished on the south end of Hobe Sound beach as opposed to near Jupiter inlet.
    I agree with how lures catch us fishermen. Lol

Took a ride to Hobe Sound last year, didn't get to fish, maybe give it a try this year. Thanks for your reply.
    Talk about a lure catchin my eye is, the Egret Vudu Swimming Mullet. Just had to have a couple! Lol  :)
  • tarponhuntertarponhunter Posts: 344 Deckhand
    I think all those lures would work great on the beach. If you notice your getting fish following the boats up to the shore but not eating switch it up to something else and maybe smaller.
    I think all those lures would work great on the beach. If you notice your getting fish following the boats up to the shore but not eating switch it up to something else and maybe smaller.
    Thanks will remember to do this.