Happy Father's Day

To all the anglers... Happy Father's Day

Hope everyone had a safe day on the water. 
Rain started by 10- ish near me. Called it early, back in bed by noon.

Replies

• jay825jay825 Posts: 516 Officer
    Thank you!
    A BAD DAY OF FISHING! IS BETTER THAN A DAY HOME WITH THE WIFE!!
  • mjrudd1mjrudd1 Posts: 274 Deckhand
    Nice picture! Glad you had a fine morning.
  • permit_mepermit_me Posts: 997 Officer
    that was the only day ive been able to actually tarpon fish (and i very rarely will fish on a Sunday), the other 2x's i had new boat issues on the water, one of em, smoke on the water...(got to pass and bilge was smoking). Between weather and taking boat back and forth to dealer, the season is slipping by. Was planning to fish tomorrow and Wed with my son on summer break, but darn persistent west winds wont go away. Hoping to get out Thurs and Friday, if he can get out of working. 
    This one fish might just have made my season, it was special being Father's Day and my wife went out with me, 1st time on new boat and only second time with me tarpon fishing. Last time we caught 4 fish in 4 hrs.  apparently she has some mojo. The last time i fished Father's Day was back in '08 when we poled the bars off AMI and caught one out of a daisy chain with my son when he was just 9. He missed 4.
    permit_me said:
    that was the only day ive been able to actually tarpon fish (and i very rarely will fish on a Sunday), the other 2x's i had new boat issues on the water, one of em, smoke on the water...(got to pass and bilge was smoking). Between weather and taking boat back and forth to dealer, the season is slipping by. Was planning to fish tomorrow and Wed with my son on summer break, but darn persistent west winds wont go away. Hoping to get out Thurs and Friday, if he can get out of working. 
    This one fish might just have made my season, it was special being Father's Day and my wife went out with me, 1st time on new boat and only second time with me tarpon fishing. Last time we caught 4 fish in 4 hrs.  apparently she has some mojo. The last time i fished Father's Day was back in '08 when we poled the bars off AMI and caught one out of a daisy chain with my son when he was just 9. He missed 4.
    Memories like that are part of what makes fishing so wonderful. What kind of boat did you get? I upgraded, sort of... added a trolling motor to my big sportfisherman.
    Now that's a beautiful pic! Grouper on!!!
    jay825 said:
    Now that's a beautiful pic! Grouper on!!!
    Thanks, but actually there is a tarpon down there. 
    tidewater 18'
    thats a big girl. 
    was finally able get most all of the new bugs ironed out with her. great little boat and love the yamaha 115.  Livewell went 1st trip, bilge went 2nd trip, gps had connection issues took 2 repairs to get right. original mk 70 tiller tm was junk and bad wiring ( rev + fwd w 3 speeds), upgraded to terrova 80. Still dealing with trailer a couple trailer issues ( just put a keel roller between fwd bunks to keep bow from dipping, as bunk placement is still off.)
    Got to fish a full days worth the other day with my son and he brought a newB friend to try tarpon fishing. we all got fish. when i dl the go pro ill post some action shots

Wow! Tarpon on!!
  • harbisonharbison Posts: 3,313 Captain
    Absolutely...

permit_me said:
    tidewater 18'
    Sounds nice, may it serve you well and continue to be a fish catching machine.