Home General Fishing

Looking for some advice on a tarpon trip.

BogwoppitBogwoppit IrelandPosts: 1 Greenhorn

Hi All,

I've been lurking on your forum for a little while and have to admit, I'm quite jealous of what you guys have!

I live and work in Ireland and most of my fishing is for brown trout (when I get the time these days!) but I've done a fair bit of different types of fishing around the world in my younger more free days.

One of my bucket list fish is a good size tarpon and as luck would have it I'm being to sent to Miami for some work in mid June as my boss is too busy to do the trip himself.

I have a free day and I've been looking at a charter but unfortunately the prices are out of my budget as a solo fisherman with a family and a mortgage. I've done a good bit of guiding here in the past and I wish our day rates were even half what they are in Miami! I guess that's why I had to give up guiding and get a 'real' job!

So I'm wondering if the lovely Floridians on here can give me some pointers on how to get a bucket list fish in a day on a small budget, tough task I know but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Allan

Replies