Skip to main content
Home East Central General Fishing & The Outdoors

A keeper

Today was pretty good...even though I lost my slam fish. My very first fish of the morning....

[img]https://i.imgur.com/ZV5v47rl.jpg[/img]

a top slot 31 7/8ths ....

Kept this for the wife. She feels snook is the best eating fish and no matter how many times we eat Flounder and Pompano she always says " It's not my favorite...I like snook "  She eats child size portions so this should take her till the fall season re-opener.

The rest of the day was kinda anticlimactic after that...half a dz more snook with several being real nice 23- 26 inch fish. 
I also had 4 small trout and did have the hook in a Redfish but it came off... Saw a few others but they were very spooky and all I got were refusals... 
Hoping for a good day tomorrow when my son is going with me. We don't get to fish much anymore so I really look forward to these trips. 
There are many roads to travel
Many things to do.
Knots to be unraveled
'fore the darkness falls on you

Replies

• Rich MRich M Posts: 1,326 Officer
    Have fun with your boy, Joe.
  • spanglerspangler daBurgPosts: 2,799 Captain
    I agree, snook is one of my absolute favorites.  I remember when I was a kid, older folks at the time calling them soap fish.  I always skin mine but I guess if you don't they taste soapy?  Never tried lol
    There will never be a really free and enlightened state until the state comes to recognize the individual as a higher and independent power, from which all its own power and authority are derived.
  • duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 21,265 AG
    Yeah, the only fish I leave the skin on when grilling is Redfish...
    It's skin is really thick and keeps me from charring it and helps keep it moist. 
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you
  • MRichardsonMRichardson Posts: 10,466 AG
    Big Mak disagrees with you, Joe.   About grilling redfish.

How about that wiener.
    I have never seen live bones, but I know that they are often used by rich people to decorate the interior.