Home General Hunting

Jimmy Carter

2»

Replies

  • joekat46joekat46 North PortPosts: 2,689 Captain
    edited May 2019 #32
    PETA is stupid funny.  The millennials that have been raised with this BS are the problem.   Maybe they can picket his property in GA and get roughed up by some sheriffs and Secret Service.   
  • josh_scott84josh_scott84 Palm HarborPosts: 834 Officer
    joekat46 said:
    PETA is stupid funny.  The millennials that have been raised with this BS are the problem.   Maybe they can picket his property in GA and get roughed up by some sheriffs and Secret Service.   
    We could only hope
  • lookinlookin Posts: 1,399 Officer
    drgibby said:
    Mo birds........................
    Private land hunter who kills his limit every spring?  Yes, jealous.  lol 

    Nah, I still love chasing these birds regardless....if I have good hunts working birds and/or at least kill one each spring, I'm happy.

    If I had more access on public land I may agree with you some....I'd still rather have a longer season if I had to choose between the two.  The guys who hunt public who already shot their 2-bird limit would be fishing and I'd have more woods to myself.
    God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy
  • harbisonharbison Posts: 5,180 Admiral
    edited May 2019 #35
    PETA is a joke. 
    They once said we should not be eating fish here

    because it's bad of the fish's self-esteem! 
  • josh_scott84josh_scott84 Palm HarborPosts: 834 Officer
    PETA...

    PLEASE
    EAT
    THE
    ANIMALS
  • ChonggChongg Posts: 755 Officer
    zimmy4209 said:
    Can't speak for everyone but I know if I was out trying to bang on every lady I came across like papa Longbeard does I certainly wouldn't be allowed back in my house  my wife would turn into Lorraine Bobbitt.
    Haha! I know I’d wound up getting shot too.
  • ANUMBER1ANUMBER1 Posts: 12,386 AG
    I be good with one bird and a longer season
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
  • JonsredfishinJonsredfishin Posts: 2,578 Captain
    I’d be good with 2 birds and the season starting a week or two earlier since we don’t seem to have winters anymore. 
    One president put a man on the moon.
    Another president put a man in the Lady's bathroom.
  • swampwalkerswampwalker Posts: 2,359 Captain
    I'm good with it as is. Two gobs and the season length is fine. I spend time scouting before the season and hunt every weekend and some during the week.
    The original - "Renaissance Redneck"
  • bgeorgebgeorge Plant City FLPosts: 1,652 Captain
    Did not intend to derail the orig thread but I had heard something along the line of possible increase.  Nothing as firm as making it to a draft rule.  I personally would also like to see a longer season vrs more birds if the resource is doing that well.
    The man who moves a mountain begins by carrying away small stones. Hopefully the next man is not dropping his stones on the mountain you are trying to move.
  • meateatermeateater south flaPosts: 833 Officer
    spangler said:
    You can already do that.  2 in spring, 2 in fall.
    For me that's an easy one tho lol, a longer season!
    i was told by a fwc officer 3 years ago that its 2 per year period       i was ok slough during archery and turkey of either sex was legal     i asked game warden can i shoot a turkey since i already took 2 during spring he said 100%  NO         one of us is wrong.
  • spanglerspangler daBurgPosts: 2,738 Captain
    edited May 2019 #43
    They need to change the wording then bc I read it differently.  From the brochure where I hunt
    Statewide limits - All fall seasons combined limit 2, spring season limit 2, daily limit 2, possession limit 2
    If it said 'All seasons combined' then there wouldn't be a point of contention.

    There will never be a really free and enlightened state until the state comes to recognize the individual as a higher and independent power, from which all its own power and authority are derived.
  • spanglerspangler daBurgPosts: 2,738 Captain
    edited May 2019 #44
    Not sayin im right but, fwiw, I've had fwc and wmd officials absolutely give me wrong info regarding the real law.. just sayin.
    There will never be a really free and enlightened state until the state comes to recognize the individual as a higher and independent power, from which all its own power and authority are derived.
  • joekat46joekat46 North PortPosts: 2,689 Captain
    edited May 2019 #45
    Had long discussions on this forum about the meaning of "two per permit but only one per person" limits wording on some quota permits as it pertained to whether or not a permit holder and his guest can each shoot a turkey on the same day.  Someone finally got a written response to clear that up (they can).  Might be a good idea for another written response.  Betting it is two spring and two fall. This isn't some highly technical question.  All FWC officers should be giving the same answer.  It was reported by some that they weren't on the "two per permit one per person" question.  Shouldn't need to take your attorney out in the woods with you.
  • bgeorgebgeorge Plant City FLPosts: 1,652 Captain
    joekat46 said:
    Had long discussions on this forum about the meaning of "two per permit but only one per person" limits wording on some quota permits as it pertained to whether or not a permit holder and his guest can each shoot a turkey on the same day.  Someone finally got a written response to clear that up (they can).  Might be a good idea for another written response.  Betting it is two spring and two fall. This isn't some highly technical question.  All FWC officers should be giving the same answer.  It was reported by some that they weren't on the "two per permit one per person" question.  Shouldn't need to take your attorney out in the woods with you.
    You start getting into conversations like our intent was ...   It does not matter what is in writing for some people.  Then I constantly deal with pamphlet junkies that do not even know what is in rule and they are the ones in charge.  
    The man who moves a mountain begins by carrying away small stones. Hopefully the next man is not dropping his stones on the mountain you are trying to move.
  • TerribleTedTerribleTed Posts: 295 Deckhand
    That usually mean death is really near to break your hip in your old age. Then again he is as old as my mother. There lifes are almost alol used up.
  • MRichardsonMRichardson Posts: 10,460 AG
    micci_man said:
    Living to 94 is something. Getting around at 94 and HUNTING is really something. 
    Now now.. maybe he aint' getting around so good, not this year anyway.

    Should say getting around at 93 and HUNTING is really something. 
    I have never seen live bones, but I know that they are often used by rich people to decorate the interior.
  • FloridaODFloridaOD Posts: 4,258 Captain
    edited May 2019 #49
    Reminds me of an account once widely known among a small inner circle.....
    Tallahassee; Governor’s Mansion grounds.
    Early morning, well before daylight.....Tall figure, Camo clothing, shotgun slung over shoulder.....no need for General Quarters Alert...... Governor Lawton Chiles headed to Turkey Woods.
    Can not help but note Hunters Carter and Chiles were Democrats back then, just as I used to be.
    Eventually, Governor “ Penney Loafer” Jeb! Bush emerged.
    Former Governor Scott’s gun ownership, hunt inclinations revealed to an even tighter inner circle.
    Hunters are present yet relatively uncommon in Florida :wink
  • Cracker23Cracker23 MelrosePosts: 311 Deckhand
    FloridaOD said:
    Reminds me of an account once widely known among a small inner circle.....
    Tallahassee; Governor’s Mansion grounds.
    Early morning, well before daylight.....Tall figure, Camo clothing, shotgun slung over shoulder.....no need for General Quarters Alert...... Governor Lawton Chiles headed to Turkey Woods.
    Can not help but note Hunters Carter and Chiles were Democrats back then, just as I used to be.
    Eventually, Governor “ Penney Loafer” Jeb! Bush emerged.
    Former Governor Scott’s gun ownership, hunt inclinations revealed to an even tighter inner circle  
  • Cracker23Cracker23 MelrosePosts: 311 Deckhand
    Cracker23 said:
    FloridaOD said:
    Reminds me of an account once widely known among a small inner circle.....
    Tallahassee; Governor’s Mansion grounds.
    Early morning, well before daylight.....Tall figure, Camo clothing, shotgun slung over shoulder.....no need for General Quarters Alert...... Governor Lawton Chiles headed to Turkey Woods.
    Can not help but note Hunters Carter and Chiles were Democrats back then, just as I used to be.
    Eventually, Governor “ Penney Loafer” Jeb! Bush emerged.
    Former Governor Scott’s gun ownership, hunt inclinations revealed to an even tighter inner circle  

  • Cracker23Cracker23 MelrosePosts: 311 Deckhand
    Having problems posting, sorry.
    I remember stories of Gov.Chiles trespassing while turkey hunting and also turkey hunting with an assault type rifle or at least a rifle  that would be considered an assault today. The dem's of yesteryear sure ain't the ones of today.
  • MRichardsonMRichardson Posts: 10,460 AG
    The chances of any politician being a "real"  hunter are about nil.  
    Same as them being a "real" anything.
    I have never seen live bones, but I know that they are often used by rich people to decorate the interior.
  • conchydongconchydong Pompano BeachPosts: 10,356 AG
    edited May 2019 #54
    Cracker23 said:
    Having problems posting, sorry.
    I remember stories of Gov.Chiles trespassing while turkey hunting and also turkey hunting with an assault type rifle or at least a rifle  that would be considered an assault today. The dem's of yesteryear sure ain't the ones of today.
    Although I was a registered Republican, I voted for the old "He C-o-o-n". Last Dem I ever voted for.

    “Everyone behaves badly--given the chance.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway

  • biglarbiglar Posts: 183 Deckhand
    spangler said:
    Not sayin im right but, fwiw, I've had fwc and wmd officials absolutely give me wrong info regarding the real law.. just sayin.
    I do a lot of back country hiking in another state.  When I got my Concealed Carry permit I was unsure of how it would look to a warden if he caught me off in the woods with a firearm and no hunting license during hunting season.  Some can be real jerks.

    I emailed the Dep't of Fish & Game and asked them to clarify.  They replied on letterhead and with title in signature that it was fine for me to carry my pistol in the woods during hunting season with no license.  

    I printed that email out small and folded it into my wallet, where it lives to this day.  Warden can be as much a jerk as he wants, but my butt is covered.

    Might be a good idea for others with questions on conflicting or ambiguous laws.
  • Cracker23Cracker23 MelrosePosts: 311 Deckhand
    I've read some of Carl Hiaison's books, I always thought of Gov. Chiles as being "Skink", not such a bad guy.
  • FloridaODFloridaOD Posts: 4,258 Captain
    edited May 2019 #57
    Cracker23 said:
    I've read some of Carl Hiaison's books, I always thought of Gov. Chiles as being "Skink", not such a bad guy.
    Likely correct Carl H  ” Skink” observation.

    I was personally noted in Carl’s book “ Kick A.”- a compilation of Carl’s “ hardest hitting” editorials.
    ” Jacksonville’s Millionth Mania”.

    I know the private pilot that used to ferry Governor Chiles- good old boy himself, Tallahassee South resident, told me stories of Lawton showing up at the plane in turkey hunt outfit, change of clothes always handy on the plane.

    I would love to see, hold Lawton Chiles and Jimmy Carter favorite firearms.

    Hunters are present yet relatively uncommon in Florida :wink
  • FloridaODFloridaOD Posts: 4,258 Captain
    edited May 2019 #58
    Cracker23 said:
    Having problems posting, sorry.
    I remember stories of Gov.Chiles trespassing while turkey hunting and also turkey hunting with an assault type rifle or at least a rifle  that would be considered an assault today. The dem's of yesteryear sure ain't the ones of today.

    In fact Governor Chiles caught grief from the Press over his Ruger Mini 14.....this I believe during the then “ Assault Weapons Ban” that clearly allowed Mini 14
    Chiles eventually caved in to the Press, stated he didn’t really ‘ need’ it.
    If one was inclined to legally hunt turkey with rifle, a .223 Mini 14 might be/ is ideal.

    No wonder Chile’s dropped dead on an exercise machine.....
    Hunters are present yet relatively uncommon in Florida :wink
  • totalinertiatotalinertia Posts: 124 Deckhand
    Jimmy Carter,  Almost as bad a President as Obummer.  He was one of the worst(Carter).  MAGA!!!
  • MRichardsonMRichardson Posts: 10,460 AG
    Assaulted by a rabbit. 

    'Nuff said.
    I have never seen live bones, but I know that they are often used by rich people to decorate the interior.
Sign In or Register to comment.
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Digital Now Included!

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

Preview This Month's Issue

Buy Digital Single Issues

Don't miss an issue.
Buy single digital issue for your phone or tablet.

Buy Single Digital Issue on the Florida Sportsman App

Other Magazines

See All Other Magazines

Special Interest Magazines

See All Special Interest Magazines

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Florida Sportsman stories delivered right to your inbox.

Advertisement

Phone Icon

Get Digital Access.

All Florida Sportsman subscribers now have digital access to their magazine content. This means you have the option to read your magazine on most popular phones and tablets.

To get started, click the link below to visit mymagnow.com and learn how to access your digital magazine.

Get Digital Access

Not a Subscriber?
Subscribe Now