Home General Hunting

Jimmy Carter

joekat46joekat46 North PortPosts: 2,665 Captain
Broke his hip while getting ready to go turkey hunting.  Surprised by two things.  He is still able to get out and turkey hunt at 94 (good for him).  Plus that Georgia turkey season is still in.  Doesn't close until tomorrow.  Georgia is one pricey non-resident tag so I wrote it off long ago.  

Replies

• nofishtodaynofishtoday Posts: 1,328 Officer
    Harborson needs to hook up with him 
  • drgibbydrgibby Posts: 1,743 Captain
    Still shooting thunder chickens at 94! That`s awesome............
  • woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Posts: 2,235 Captain
    Hell, I was at sea in the Navy only 11 years after he was released from active duty at the end of WWII!
  • binellishtrbinellishtr Posts: 8,797 Admiral
    His brother made some good Beer
  • tagtag Posts: 9,165 Admiral
    Carter gutted the military. I was serving in the Navy during his mediocre administration. He was not well liked by the rank and file. 
  • zimmy4209zimmy4209 Ocala FloridaPosts: 1,378 Officer
    I saw that on news this morning as well. Simply amazing at that age  alot of times there's little things they report that aren't facts like news said turkey season ends end of next week in Georgia but they also said something about Carter was hoping because he didn't get to fill his tag this year that the state of Georgia would allow him to rollover or reuse the turkey tag next year. Anybody have any thoughts on that or just bad reporting?
  • joekat46joekat46 North PortPosts: 2,665 Captain
    edited May 2019 #8
    Bad reporting.  JC knows better.  Georgia limit is three and ends on the 15th I believe.  He'll have to make do.  LOL.
  • PinmanPinman Posts: 3,067 Captain

I don't think Georgia has tags

Was always happy to read about a Dove Hunter in the White House....but he wasn't too hot as a President. Probably a real nice guy.

I still have a few full cans of BillyBeer

• awayaway Posts: 460 Deckhand
    zimmy4209 said:
    I saw that on news this morning as well. Simply amazing at that age  alot of times there's little things they report that aren't facts like news said turkey season ends end of next week in Georgia but they also said something about Carter was hoping because he didn't get to fill his tag this year that the state of Georgia would allow him to rollover or reuse the turkey tag next year. Anybody have any thoughts on that or just bad reporting?
    Seemed to me like he was just making a sarcastic comment.
  • lookinlookin Posts: 1,399 Officer
    Pretty cool he still wants to hunt, bummer on the broken hip.

We need a longer turkey season in Florida........still seeing birds strutting in the central zone.
    God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy
    Some pretty country up there in his neck of the woods.

edited May 2019 #14
    Be fun to be on that Secret Service detail.  Can't ID the gun but does appear to be a Gobblin' Thunder choke tube (Kicks is a GA company).  Be a good way to spend your retirement.  
  • gottheitch22gottheitch22 fort Meade FLPosts: 4,451 Captain
    Unfortunately he most likely wont make it threw this . Most people around his age and younger fall apart after this even if his hip heals .
    living life as i like
  • PinmanPinman Posts: 3,067 Captain
    The guy on the right looks like the Realtree guys son
  • conchydongconchydong Pompano BeachPosts: 10,300 AG
    A very decent man. I thought he was a good guy but he did turn me into a Republican.

“Everyone behaves badly--given the chance.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway

• harbisonharbison Posts: 5,173 Admiral
    "but he did turn me into a Republican."
    Thank goodness!

• harbisonharbison Posts: 5,173 Admiral
    edited May 2019 #20
    More power to him and those like him. Hope we all are still 'HUNTING' at 94.
    I am 77, have a replaced hip, and am still 'HUNTING'!

I know how he feels. You hurt everywhere, but we do the best we can. 

• nofishtodaynofishtoday Posts: 1,328 Officer
    harbison said:

CBD is your friend 
  • bgeorgebgeorge Plant City FLPosts: 1,652 Captain
    lookin said:

We need a longer turkey season in Florida........still seeing birds strutting in the central zone.
    If you had a choice between a longer season or a 3rd bird what would it be?
    The man who moves a mountain begins by carrying away small stones. Hopefully the next man is not dropping his stones on the mountain you are trying to move.
  • Big MakBig Mak Posts: 4,533 Captain
    Not that you're asking me but, my choice would be more hunt days... Added to the end of the current season.... Could be a good topic for a new thread?
    Big Mak said:
    Not that you're asking me but, my choice would be more hunt days... Added to the end of the current season.... Could be a good topic for a new thread?
    Vote for new thread but more days not more birds.  Two is plenty IMO.  
  • meateatermeateater south flaPosts: 821 Officer
    2 spring birds   1 fall bird bird during archery be nice.
  • spanglerspangler daBurgPosts: 2,738 Captain
    You can already do that.  2 in spring, 2 in fall.
    For me that's an easy one tho lol, a longer season!
    There will never be a really free and enlightened state until the state comes to recognize the individual as a higher and independent power, from which all its own power and authority are derived.
  • josh_scott84josh_scott84 Palm HarborPosts: 820 Officer
    harbison said:

And rocking the John's Pass Hoodie! Keep it up!
  • stc1993stc1993 Albany, GA Carrabelle, FLPosts: 8,947 Admiral
    DID ANYONE READ THE 2ND PART ABOUT CARTER?  He is the longest living president in history.  He past HW Bush @ 94 yrs-172 days and still ticking.  Sorry about the caps when I'm working everything is in caps. Forgot to turn it off.
    bgeorge said:
    lookin said:

If you had a choice between a longer season or a 3rd bird what would it be?
    Longer season, hands down.  
  • drgibbydrgibby Posts: 1,743 Captain
    Mo birds........................
  • zimmy4209zimmy4209 Ocala FloridaPosts: 1,378 Officer
    I read another article yesterday with Peta chiming in they got there feathers all ruffled up about Carter. They said they hope when he heals up he will stop hunting and advocate for other hunters to do the same because it tears the turkey "families" apart. Can't speak for everyone but I know if I was out trying to bang on every lady I came across like papa Longbeard does I certainly wouldn't be allowed back in my house  my wife would turn into Lorraine Bobbitt. Must be Peta approves of the polygamist lifestyle.