Home Keys General Fishing & The Outdoors

Miamimuttonman reef fishing- mutton/grouper limit

miami muttonmiami mutton Posts: 1,137 Officer
the grouper bite is on fire and so are the mutton’s no need for a full moon bite you can limit out with a little technique. Here’s pics from my last two trips 

Replies

• Flight RiskFlight Risk Posts: 2,488 Captain
    Got to hand it to you Beni - you deserve the title "Mutton Man."  I need to fish with you some time...

Pura Vida!
  • micklej2micklej2 Posts: 78 Deckhand
    Miamimuttonman

How can I go fishing with you with out my own boat. I will be in South Florida in mid June for a week. Man you really got them dialed in. I do a lot of offshore fishing mostly in the central gulf out of Tampa and Tarpon Springs. Check out my posts in the FS Central West region "micklej2 = user name or search "Team Cobia" we live in the middle grounds and do a lot of headboat fishing with the Hubbards out of St. Pete and Gulfstar charters out of Tarpon Springs.Hope to fish with someday.

J. Mickle aka Red Snapper

• Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 12,178 AG
    I follow him on IG and those catch pictures are every dang day.   i wish I had gotten a boat big enough for him to come out on man knows how to catch fish. 
    You don't need fun to have alcohol
  • CaptJCaptJ Posts: 1,056 Officer
    Fished that area yesterday and current was roaring. All the commercial guys went to the reef to YT fish. I stuck it out and had one on, but Mr. Goliath decided he wanted it more. A few YT and that was about it.
  • JustDaveJustDave Jacksonville FlPosts: 194 Deckhand
    Impressive as always! Those are some stud Mangrove snapper too! 
    1995 Stratos 2500WA Twin 2013 200HO ETECS! 
  • xeniaxenia Posts: 694 Officer
    CaptJ, I'm curious.  Just how many commercial guys were in that area?  I know of only one commercial boat fishing off there currently, a 34' Crusader lobster-type.  Are they coming up from farther south?
  • xeniaxenia Posts: 694 Officer
    A friend fished the Elbow mutton spot today.  Nothing on that spot.  Ended up with 3 medium muttons and a medium black shallower.  One of the commercial boats was up at the Whistle buoy but no report yet.  They're catching decent numbers down by Molasses, but they are medium-sized, not the huge spawners.  A couple of those big ones out deeper past 200', but tough to fish in those currents.
    I fished a few spots up by Molasses with not much doing, so ended up at Crocker for my Yellowtails. Got one legal Mutton at Crocker. 
  • miami muttonmiami mutton Posts: 1,137 Officer
    Thanks guys. micklej2 I’m booked as of now till sept 13 lmk for next time your down, tight lines