Home General Freshwater Fishing

Water levels around Holiday Park

mdp2146mdp2146 SCPosts: 15 Greenhorn
Hi All,
  I am planning to come down this year, hopefully the last week in May. I would like to keep an eye on water levels around Holiday Park in the run up to my trip.

I found the sfwmd website with water levels but I can't make heads or tails of it. On the water levels map I seen that I should look at stations S340, S381, S339, and EDEN4. But looking thru the station info, I can't find either of those listed.

Let me know if there is a better source or if you can explain what I'm missing on the sfwmd site.

Thanks!

Replies

• davids8477davids8477 Posts: 213 Deckhand
    There’s also a web cam that might be useful. 
    Remember that the water level can vary day to day. Right now I say it’s average 
  • mdp2146mdp2146 SCPosts: 15 Greenhorn
    Thanks for that tip David! I checked out the Holiday Park webcam and took a screen shot for reference. I just wonder if the docks in view are floating docks? Might be hard to judge water level if the docks move with the water. Still, it's pretty cool to have a live view!
  • cuckoocuckoo Posts: 112 Deckhand
    It looks as though your referencing weirs which may not be monitored with real time data. Use downstream S-9 or S9A under Fort Lauderdale for the closest reading. Although I couldn't tell you what the average elevation would be to measure against.
    God is great... Beer is good... And people are crazy!
  • davids8477davids8477 Posts: 213 Deckhand
    mdp2146 said:
    Thanks for that tip David! I checked out the Holiday Park webcam and took a screen shot for reference. I just wonder if the docks in view are floating docks? Might be hard to judge water level if the docks move with the water. Still, it's pretty cool to have a live view!
    Yes the docks are floating Duh!  Just had back surgery and pretty spaced out on the meds. 
    No problem man! I appreciate you putting it out there anyway. I will keep an eye on it and see if I can tell the water level change over time.

For the FL locals,
    When is the "normal" rainy season? If you could choose a time to fish the Holiday Park area for Oscar/Bream/Bass, what would be your choice?
    Hi guys,
    I've talked the family into a fishing vacation and we are planning for the week of Memorial Day. Can anybody give me a current status on water levels in the Holiday Park area? I know a lot can change in 3 weeks but just thought I would ask.
    Thanks for the help!
  • DES51DES51 Posts: 259 Deckhand
    This is the tail end of dry season. Water levels are low now throughout the state. Rainy season is about ready to officially commence. Plan on showers Memorial Day weekend. Don't worry, it doesn't rain everyday and it doesn't rain all day. Once the pattern is established it is usually stormy in the afternoon.