Wade fishing

GettnreddyGettnreddy Posts: 47 Greenhorn
Had anyone wade fished Bailey's bluff estates area.
Traveling to Dunedin in April and in search of some nice flats to wade. Google maps says 30 minutes from where I am staying. Any thoughts?

Replies

• Oldsmar GuyOldsmar Guy Posts: 39 Greenhorn
    Personally, if I was in Dunedin, I wouldn't travel up to New Port Richey to fish, I would fish Dunedin. The north side of the Dunedin Causeway can be good. Also, if you have a few bucks to spend, you could also rent a kayak from the Dunedin Causeway and fish the flats all around Honeymoon Island and Caladesi Island. However, if you have your heart set on going to Bailey's Bluff Estates, I would just go to Key Vista Park and wade out from those flats - you can catch Trout, Reds and Snook, but again, those can all be caught in Dunedin as well. Just my two cents.
  • GettnreddyGettnreddy Posts: 47 Greenhorn
    Thank you for the info. Yep have done the causeway, not very good in my opinion. Have caught fish just no size to them and mainly trout. The kayak yes but not able to get the yak until they open and would like to be in the water at sunrise. Will look at the park you mentioned. Need to just drag my boat over but usually visiting family for a day or 2.
  • tesilentialtesilential Posts: 31 Greenhorn
    Bring the Boat!  Big Spanish mackerel are in the passes now with the kings just offshore.  

You can island hop for trout and reds and even some snook if you poke around on the right tide.

Also you can rent a yak and paddle to caladesi and wade the flats just north of the channel, lots of redfish there.