Home East Central General Fishing & The Outdoors

A double plus one

So, after that front blew thru the fishing got a bit tough on Monday and Tuesday.  Post frontal always is and those two days were no different but we did get a mixed bag of Trout and assorted weird stuff like mangrove snapper and sennets along with the obligatory Blues, jacks, and ladys.
Just enough action to stay busy. Water clarity was mostly aweful with some just terrible or an ugly mess. 

Wednesday was much better and we landed right away on a very strong trout bite. As that wound down I ran way down south by Vero and we started picking up a snook here and there on soft plastics. Nothing big but a few in the 22- 24 inch size. As the wind built up we did more hiding from the wind and my buddy David pulled a nice Red off an oyster bar in a wind shadow. It was his first slam of the season with me and he was really stoked about his nice 22 inch Red.  We kept grinding along and I lucked into a little three spot Red. So,we had a double slam on the boat which is pretty rare since I rarely have someone with me....and this year there seems to be fewer Reds to be found.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/L3rEi1cl.jpg[/img]

We went out this morning and it was decidedly slower.... I pulled a decent snook early and David was getting a few Trout on a salt & pepper color swim bait. It was a very slow grind with David getting a small snook and another trout and me adding a nice trout and a jack..... I was almost ready to head in when I got a solid thump.... and the fight was a strong bulldoging type....

[img]https://i.imgur.com/BE9MQ64l.jpg[/img]

Not a strong bite...but got the ones I needed....

#3 and #4 

There are many roads to travel
Many things to do.
Knots to be unraveled
'fore the darkness falls on you

Replies