Lowrance HDS Gen 2 Touch - No GPS Fix - FIXED!

Went out Saturday to putz around in the bay.  Plug the lowrance in and start to go out and it starts beeping at me...No GPS Fix.

Turn off, turn on, "No GPS Fix".  ****?

So, hoping it wasn't something broken I get home and check lowrance.com and find this.

HDS Gen 2 Touch with GPS Patch

Release Date: 12 April 2019

Version: 6.0

On April 6, 2019, a GPS Rollover event occurred. 
GPS Rollover events occur every 20 years due to the date and time scale used by the Global Positioning System (GPS), which is based on counting weeks and seconds within a week. When the counter reaches 1024 weeks, it rolls back to week zero. If GPS products are designed without taking this into account, problems can occur with GPS products including incorrect date and time values and/or the loss of position information. Lowrance can confirm that all current generation devices are 100% compatible with the recent GPS week rollover event. There, however, are several legacy products that will require a software update. 

https://downloads.lowrance.com/software/index.html?r=1888

Thankfully there was a download fix online.  Working again.  Odd freaking error but if anyone has a lowrance Gen 2 touch, and gets this error, here is how to fix it.

Tight lines...

In Loving Memory of James Zielske, January 19, 1957-July 5, 2013

Replies

• johns986johns986 Evergreen CO and Ruskin FL.Posts: 9 Greenhorn
    You are the man CaptainBly, thanks for sharing with us and minimizing the frustration.  I love this forum.
    1998 Hewes Bayfisher 16 with Tohatsu 90. Ascend H12 Kayak.