Home Off Topic

Speaking of guns

2»

Replies

• AC ManAC Man Posts: 6,434 Admiral
    edited April 2019 #32
    My dads side of the family has horrible joints. I am 23 and have sprained both of my knees, one of which twice, sprained both of my ankles twice, tore one ACL without knowing it, broken 4 fingers on one hand, compressed my spine, and sprained both wrists twice. Oh and that doesnt include the head trauma. Yall are making it sound like this will all catch up to me real fast. I take good care of my internal health though.
    You didn't get all that from fishing. So what was it? Football, Dirtbikes, some extreme sport?

My injuries and wear and tear were from working in the field in the AC biz and riding/racing dirt bikes. I don't count sprains.🙂 so what got you at a early age?
  • Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 8,078 Admiral
    Eases the Pain every night..Bro.
    Killin and Grillin :grin
  • FlatsMatt96FlatsMatt96 ChuluotaPosts: 1,358 Officer
    AC Man said:
    My dads side of the family has horrible joints. I am 23 and have sprained both of my knees, one of which twice, sprained both of my ankles twice, tore one ACL without knowing it, broken 4 fingers on one hand, compressed my spine, and sprained both wrists twice. Oh and that doesnt include the head trauma. Yall are making it sound like this will all catch up to me real fast. I take good care of my internal health though.
    You didn't get all that from fishing. So what was it? Football, Dirtbikes, some extreme sport?
    I forgot! I also broke my ribs while snook fishing. That good sir, is a healthy mix of football, mountain biking and fishing. 
    If youre going to burn a bridge, dont just burn it, use C4 and make a statement. 
  • AC ManAC Man Posts: 6,434 Admiral
    I get all that except the fishing injuries. .😀
    So its mainly snook fishing that ive gotten my fishing injuries, I have sprained one of my ankles while taking a bad step onto some rocks in the dark and I also broke my ribs while snook fishing, while walking on some large rocks where I lost my footing and couldnt use my hands to break my fuall because they were full so I landed directly on my left side ribs and upon impact I could feel the crunch. Im just laying there thinking, yeah, I'll feel that one when the jack wears off. 
    If youre going to burn a bridge, dont just burn it, use C4 and make a statement. 
  • stc1993stc1993 Albany, GA Carrabelle, FLPosts: 7,640 Admiral
    Broke ribs are some of the worst broke bones you can have. It hurts to breathe.

It's not the worst I've had.
  • Mackeral SnatcherMackeral Snatcher Posts: 11,655 AG
    stc1993 said:
    My wife is in bad shape too. Both knees & both ankles are bone on bone.
    My wife is in the same situation.
    Ya need to get her into an Osteoporosis Doctor.
    Also have her see an orthopedic doctor who does stem cell replacement.
    Good luck.
    THERE SHOULD BE NO COMMERCIAL FISHING ALLOWED FOR ANY SPECIES THAT IS CONSIDERED OVERFISHED.
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 33,275 AG
    When you are 60 or so, all those injuries will come back to haunt you like ghosts in the night. 

Mini Mart Magnate

I am just here for my amusement. 

• pottydocpottydoc Port Saint JoePosts: 4,123 Captain
    I have bad knees, ankles, sore shoulders, hip, broke fingers, and can’t hear worth a dang. All from working in construction, except the hearing. That came from working at a gun club, plus shooting on my own, without wearing ear protection. Celebrex does wonders for my joint pain.

AC, I know exactly how you feel stepping out of your truck. 
  • dave44dave44 Posts: 11,755 AG
    dave44 said:
    You may need more beer to catch up.
    Beer to catch up what? My internals?
    You’re right, you may need to break out The tequila.
    cadman said:
    When you are 60 or so, all those injuries will come back to haunt you like ghosts in the night. 
    Dont tell me that. Im banking on the wishful thought that by the time im 50 there will be a magical little pill that fixes all my joints.
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 33,275 AG
    cadman said:
    Dont tell me that. Im banking on the wishful thought that by the time im 50 there will be a magical little pill that fixes all my joints.
    I kept waiting on bionic replacement parts.

http://www.todaysgeriatricmedicine.com/archive/fall2011_p10.shtml

Mini Mart Magnate

I am just here for my amusement. 

• stc1993stc1993 Albany, GA Carrabelle, FLPosts: 7,640 Admiral
    stc1993 said:
    My wife is in bad shape too. Both knees & both ankles are bone on bone.
    My wife is in the same situation.
    Ya need to get her into an Osteoporosis Doctor.
    Also have her see an orthopedic doctor who does stem cell replacement.
    Good luck.
    She goes to an arthritis Dr. & An orthopedic Dr. they don't do anything for her.  The orthopedic dr says if the rooster comb shots don't help her they'll ok the knee replacement surgery.  her feet they don't do anything she creaks every time she walks.
  • mindyabinessmindyabiness Posts: 6,492 Admiral
    edited April 2019 #45
    I'm starting to feel really lucky....
    Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to crap on the board and strut around like it won anyway.
  • pottydocpottydoc Port Saint JoePosts: 4,123 Captain
    This thread really took a turn. Started with guns, now it’s old guys (like me) complaining about everything hurting. :)
  • surfmansurfman WC FLPosts: 5,982 Admiral
    Everything worked fine up until I turned 60, not is is starting to show. My hip used to have a pain in it so I started taking the glucosamine stuff about 10 years ago and that seemed to do the trick but, I am needing more these says. I will look into Mackerel Snatchers remedies for sure.
    Tight Lines, Steve
    My posts are my opinion only.

Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.  Will Rogers
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 13,513 AG
    surfman said:
    Everything worked fine up until I turned 60, not is is starting to show. My hip used to have a pain in it so I started taking the glucosamine stuff about 10 years ago and that seemed to do the trick but, I am needing more these says. I will look into Mackerel Snatchers remedies for sure.
    One of those herbal supplements that just became legal to smoke with a script?  
    Like is like a Helicopter.  I do not know how to operate a Helicopter