Home Off Topic

10mm pistols?

124»

Replies

• FlatsMatt96FlatsMatt96 ChuluotaPosts: 1,358 Officer
    I think most glocks unless its a special edition model, come with plastic sights too...yuck. Both my full size pistol and my carry pistol came with metal iron sights and they were cheaper and just as reliable and accurate. Glock has a huge following but they might have an issue if people start to look at what other brands are starting to offer for better prices.
    Who uses factory sights?? I feel sorry for anyone that depends on factory sights.. lol
    Night sights are easily created with higher end glow in the dark paint if you know what youre doing. It really isnt hard to depend on the standard sights that come on pistols. My girlfriend shoots competitions with her standard glock and she runs factory sights. Factory sights are fine. My home definitley isnt a soft target even with my factory sights...
    If youre going to burn a bridge, dont just burn it, use C4 and make a statement. 
  • SaltygatorvetSaltygatorvet TallahasseePosts: 5,808 Admiral
    edited March 2019 #93
    cadman said:
    Cad, if you take that colt in the salt air it will rust before your eyes
    Do you live on the beach or something? You seem awfully worried about salt air. 
    No, but I’m on the water unusually once a week. I usually toss my carry gun in my dry bag. My s&w airweights trigger rusted very quickly. I imagine the internals look similar. 
    The fact that your gun rusted makes me kinda happy....not sure why....but I think it's your foul demeanor..
    Have a great day
    Signed author
    p.s. this forum is better when your not on it.

Speaking of foul demeanor. Is the pot calling the kettle black???( this is a chance to inject your normal racism )There is a whole lot of people on here that would like to see you go away also. Me being one of them. I’m not going anywhere, so if you like it better without me, then you should sign off. I’m also happy the .38 rusted, I was able to replace it with a pistol that carries better, is exponentially more accurate, has some nice aftermarket nightbsights and doesn’t rust. 
    You should have been here yesterday
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 33,273 AG
    edited March 2019 #94
    cadman said:
    No, but I’m on the water unusually once a week. I usually toss my carry gun in my dry bag. My s&w airweights trigger rusted very quickly. I imagine the internals look similar. 
    A pistol on a boat, in my opinion, is worthless. what you going to shoot with it. With the rocking boat, bad guys who want your boat are going to have a major advantage with their long guns. Stainless steel shotgun is a better idea for a boat gun if you fish dangerous waters

Mini Mart Magnate

I am just here for my amusement. 

edited March 2019 #95
    cadman said:
    cadman said:
    A pistol on a boat, in my opinion, is worthless. what you going to shoot with it. With the rocking boat, bad guys who want your boat are going to have a major advantage with their long guns. Stainless steel shotgun is a better idea for a boat gun if you fish dangerous waters

I carry my pistol with me everywhere I’m wearing pants. My boat is a 22’ pathfinder. No room for a ss 12 g. It’s not a boat gun, the gun I carry when on a boat, which is often. As far as a shooting on a rocking boat, I don’t carry when on the water, I put it in a rolled up dry bag. I sincerely hope it never ever has to come out. But it goes with me and the revolver rusted after a couple of trips. As far as long guns, you will be outgunned with any pistol. I’d rather have a pocket pistol than nothing. Sorry if I pizzed you off cad, wasn’t my intention at all.
    cadman said:
    cadman said:

I carry my pistol with me everywhere I’m wearing pants. My boat is a 22’ pathfinder. No room for a ss 12 g. It’s not a boat gun, the gun I carry when in a boat, which is often. As far as a shooting on a rocking boat, I don’t carry when on the water, I put it in a rolled up dry bag. I sincerely hope it never ever has to come out. But it goes with me and the revolver rusted after a couple of trips. Sorry if I pizzed you off cad, wasn’t my intention at all.
    Buy a gun safe for the truck and leave it in the vehicle to avoid salt air. 

you haven't pizzed me off at all. Just trying to understand this logic of worrying about a gun rusting. I have never had an issue with a gun rusting and mine have been on the boat a few times, just not too often. I also find Glock fans tend to over exaggerate the capabilities of a Glock. I had one guy one time trying to claim it was the only gun that would shoot under water. I have heard amazing stories about Glocks that make them surpass any gun made. 

Mini Mart Magnate

edited March 2019 #97
    cadman said:
    cadman said:
    cadman said:

I carry my pistol with me everywhere I’m wearing pants. My boat is a 22’ pathfinder. No room for a ss 12 g. It’s not a boat gun, the gun I carry when in a boat, which is often. As far as a shooting on a rocking boat, I don’t carry when on the water, I put it in a rolled up dry bag. I sincerely hope it never ever has to come out. But it goes with me and the revolver rusted after a couple of trips. Sorry if I pizzed you off cad, wasn’t my intention at all.
    Buy a gun safe for the truck and leave it in the vehicle to avoid salt air. 

you haven't pizzed me off at all. Just trying to understand this logic of worrying about a gun rusting. I have never had an issue with a gun rusting and mine have been on the boat a few times, just not too often. I also find Glock fans tend to over exaggerate the capabilities of a Glock. I had one guy one time trying to claim it was the only gun that would shoot under water. I have heard amazing stories about Glocks that make them surpass any gun made. 

I’m definitely not a glock fanboy. I’m a 1911 guy 100%. I sold my first glock 23 to get a para ordinance p-12 in order to “go completely “ 1911 back in about 95... started carrying regularly more recently and was looking for the perfect pocket pistol. I’ve already learned, if it’s to big , it will
    stay in the truck. Appendix carry is fine, but gets uncomfortable if your sitting and standing to me. The .38 airweight was a good pocket pistol, but so inaccurate. Awful sights. So when glock came out with a true pocket pistol, I got one. Slimmer than the .38, it fits in a pocket better. It is considerably more accurate in my hands. It’s light and doesn’t rust. Would a glock be my recreational pistol, no. I like the 1911 trigger. But it makes a good cheap carry gun that you don’t have to do much to. I’ll try to find a link to the video of the guy using a glock to kill lion fish. I wouldn’t do that with one of my custom 1911’s.. but a $400 glock??
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lG-snJZIV8

• ScoutboatScoutboat Posts: 2,456 Captain
    My stainless Colt Commander.   Nuff said.
  • Reptile DysfunctionReptile Dysfunction LP - Edge of the Known UniversePosts: 3,301 Captain
    Speaking of foul demeanor. Is the pot calling the kettle black???( this is a chance to inject your normal racism )There is a whole lot of people on here that would like to see you go away also. Me being one of them. I’m not going anywhere, so if you like it better without me, then you should sign off. I’m also happy the .38 rusted, I was able to replace it with a pistol that carries better, is exponentially more accurate, has some nice aftermarket nightbsights and doesn’t rust. 
    There was never a mention of racism in this thread or any other thread, by Cad or anybody else.

I understand what is going on now. Gotcha.
    "If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free" - P. J. O'Rourke
    There was never a mention of racism in this thread or any other thread, by Cad or anybody else.

What the heck I got to do with this?

Mini Mart Magnate

• Reptile DysfunctionReptile Dysfunction LP - Edge of the Known UniversePosts: 3,301 Captain
    cadman said:

Read the last couple posts.
    "If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free" - P. J. O'Rourke
    cadman said:

i did. Didn't see anyone accuse me of racism. this looks to be between you and Saltygatorvet, You boys have your **** measuring contest and leave me out of it. 

Mini Mart Magnate

edited April 2019 #103
    cadman said:
    cadman said:

i did. Didn't see anyone accuse me of racism. this looks to be between you and Saltygatorvet, You boys have your **** measuring contest and leave me out of it. 

I wasn't involved in this conversation, but I noticed that SaltyGator played the race card to either you or Mindy, when no racist comments had been made.

Do you understand now?

I wouldn't be surprised if I'm banned for pointing it out.
  • FlatsMatt96FlatsMatt96 ChuluotaPosts: 1,358 Officer
    Jerry Jerry Jerry Jerry!
    If youre going to burn a bridge, dont just burn it, use C4 and make a statement. 
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 13,509 AG
    cadman said:
    cadman said:

I wasn't involved in this conversation, but I noticed that SaltyGator played the race card to either you or Mindy, when no racist comments had been made.

Do you understand now?

I wouldn't be surprised if I'm banned for pointing it out.
    LOL Mindy
    Like is like a Helicopter.  I do not know how to operate a Helicopter