Home Off Topic

Run, Daniel, Run!

mindyabinessmindyabiness Posts: 6,509 Admiral

Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to crap on the board and strut around like it won anyway.

Replies

• Fish HaidFish Haid Posts: 8,417 Admiral
    Geez!  what wimps.
    23895.gif
  • MelbourneMarkMelbourneMark Posts: 2,201 Captain
    Ya, it seems like australia has the most amount animals that want to kill and eat you...  
  • SAENoleSAENole Posts: 11,270 AG
    Look at those chompers!
    Warning Level 2
  • mindyabinessmindyabiness Posts: 6,509 Admiral
    I would name the Croc "Jesus".
    Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to crap on the board and strut around like it won anyway.
  • stc1993stc1993 Albany, GA Carrabelle, FLPosts: 7,693 Admiral
    Ya, it seems like australia has the most amount animals that want to kill and eat you...  
    Seems like it's 8 out out of the top 10.
  • JWTJWT Posts: 743 Officer
    hate to lose a fish like that  but ****! free spool that reel & quit dragging his dinner towards you :)

• Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 8,118 Admiral
    Set that Croc up , You already got it Trained...
    I'd stand there with my AR and let you tease him up the bank by me.
    Gator Nuggets...Delivered...winning..
    Killin and Grillin :grin
  • mplspugmplspug Palmetto FloridaPosts: 12,931 AG
    You mean Croc Nuggets

Captain Todd Approves

• AC ManAC Man Posts: 6,469 Admiral
    edited March 2019 #10
    Don't think I've seen a croc run that fast that far and he wasn't slowing down. I don't think our Florida gators would react that way at all. 

Swam and skied around gators in south Florida. Never gave them a second thought. They were down right lazy. Crocs no way I'm getting in the water with them.
    I think Crocs are more predatory and Gators more scavenger, although neither will pass up the opportunity the be the opposite for a good meal.

Captain Todd Approves

I worked at a place called Gator Land or Gator something back in the day . We had Crocs and Gators in a big pond.
    Before you went near that pond you counted all the Crocs and where they were.
    Didn't even bother with the Gators...just sayin..
  • stc1993stc1993 Albany, GA Carrabelle, FLPosts: 7,693 Admiral
    We use to go to gatorland when i was a kid.
    our south fla crocs are pretty shy & nothing like  their Aussie cousins. the gators on the other hand........... gotta watch them.
    This...
    Didn't know much about the Crocs we had except they didn't play..

• FlatsMatt96FlatsMatt96 ChuluotaPosts: 1,358 Officer
    Ive done some dumb things and played with gators and getting your hands on one is more difficult because they werent nearly as aggressive as people make them out to be. They are super shy and generally dont like people. 
    If youre going to burn a bridge, dont just burn it, use C4 and make a statement. 
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 33,468 AG
    I think the only time you would run across an aggressive gator other than nesting season and being in the wrong place would be those that have been fed by humans. People think it's fun to feed them and then they think we are a food source

Mini Mart Magnate

I am just here for my amusement. 

• DrivelousDrivelous Central FLPosts: 9 Greenhorn
    Gators injure and kill people every year, multiple times. 
    I don't see any point in trying to play down their danger in order to play up crocs.
    They both would suck to get killed/eaten by.
  • tankardtankard Posts: 7,031 Admiral
    cadman said:
    I think the only time you would run across an aggressive gator other than nesting season and being in the wrong place would be those that have been fed by humans. People think it's fun to feed them and then they think we are a food source

Yep.

I'm sure you remember the fool from Kanapaha gardens...Goodman is his name I think...well they had a 12' gator move into the lily pond and immediately kill the 2 smaller gators that were there. They named it Mojo and fed it roadkill.

One day, Don showed up with no roadkill but still wanted to weed the pond. Mojo wasn't happy and took Don's arm. Bad Mojo.

I actually know the hippie that worked there and got the gun to shoot the gator and save Dumb Don's life. I'm quite surprised he had it in him because he was a total tree hugging vegan.

Don still writes preachy leftist diatribes to the local rag all the time. Yeah, I'll take advice from a stooge that knowingly entered a pond with a hand-fed 12' gator.

And once they get to a certain size, I give them a little room....

Drivelous said:
    I don't see any point in trying to play down their danger in order to play up crocs.
    I don't think anyone is down playing the dangers of gators.

Captain Todd Approves

• Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 13,581 AG
    this pus has bigger stones than most guys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiyWXQyAJ44
    Like is like a Helicopter.  I do not know how to operate a Helicopter  
    mplspug said:
    Drivelous said:
    I don't think anyone is down playing the dangers of gators.
    exactly! i give them both a lot of respect. i do see some fools that push it & make me shake my head. a couple years back a big female croc was laying eggs alongside the road to Flamingo. young macho man was grabbing it's tail & right in it's face taking selfies. i was filming............ from a safe distance :)