Home Off Topic

Replies

• kellerclkellercl Posts: 6,352 Admiral
    Not sure I would want to hook him.  Man that would take some power to get even close to the boat.  

“When you're good at something, you'll tell everyone. When you're great at something, they'll tell you.”

-Walter Payton
  • 1outlaw1outlaw Naples FLPosts: 1,411 Officer
    Thats a big one for sure!!
    Jason :USA
  • mplspugmplspug Palmetto FloridaPosts: 12,548 AG
    Shuffling your feet might not help with him.  And you might not get stung if you step on him, but you will go **** over tea kettle into the water.

On a side note I saw a huge ray jump in shallow Terra Ceia Bay.  Do manta rays go that shallow and are they even around these parts?  I wish it wasn't so far off into the distance, it was pretty cool.

Captain Todd Approves

• 1outlaw1outlaw Naples FLPosts: 1,411 Officer
    mplspug said:
    Shuffling your feet might not help with him.  And you might not get stung if you step on him, but you will go **** over tea kettle into the water.

On a side note I saw a huge ray jump in shallow Terra Ceia Bay.  Do manta rays go that shallow and are they even around these parts?  I wish it wasn't so far off into the distance, it was pretty cool.

Several passes i fish, huge rays breach the water on a regular basis. 
    Jason :USA
  • AC ManAC Man Posts: 6,351 Admiral
    I would stay away from the pointy end of that thing.
  • ScoutboatScoutboat Posts: 2,441 Captain
    1outlaw said:
    mplspug said:

Several passes i fish, huge rays breach the water on a regular basis. 
    Could be Leopard Rays.

• treemanjohntreemanjohn Posts: 5,021 Admiral
    If that thing late on the bottom it would be like lifting an f150
    We’re like the piggy bank that everybody is robbing, and that ends
  • stc1993stc1993 Albany, GA Carrabelle, FLPosts: 7,540 Admiral
    It's the devil getting a 2 foot ray off the bottom.
  • Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 8,002 Admiral
    Sooo , When you think you've hooked Bottom..you really haven't..
    We know how they fight and break them off often
    Killin and Grillin :grin
  • dave44dave44 Posts: 11,536 AG
    Sooo , When you think you've hooked Bottom..you really haven't..
    We know how they fight and break them off often
    This. I hooked a cownose at least 65# and drug it in over a long effort. It’s not worth the time anymore. 
      Cut em free if it feels like you are dragging in a large tire.
  • mplspugmplspug Palmetto FloridaPosts: 12,548 AG
    I still remember the first little one I hooked into wading in dirty water.  I thought I hooked a big fish.  My brain switched when he got close and I couldn't get him off the bottom.  I made a quick exit out of the water.

Captain Todd Approves