Home Off Topic

Living off the System...

2»

Replies

• Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 8,019 Admiral
    I scraped the Trump and NRA stickers of my Truck the minute I signed up for SS.
    Got some new ones ordered with a big smiling AOC ..Rock my World little Democrat City Girl.
    Time to Stick It To The Man....winning..
    Killin and Grillin :grin
  • johnpowersjohnpowers BayPosts: 2,898 Captain
    I scraped the Trump and NRA stickers of my Truck the minute I signed up for SS.
    Got some new ones ordered with a big smiling AOC ..Rock my World little Democrat City Girl.
    Time to Stick It To The Man....winning..
    Don’t forget the COEXIST sticker. 
  • SaltygatorvetSaltygatorvet TallahasseePosts: 5,808 Admiral
    edited March 2019 #34
    If you have to suck from the govt teat,,, you are definitely not winning. But no one has been “winning “ except grandpas for years. Total loser. I’d feel sorry for you if you weren’t so smug about being a parasite.
    You should have been here yesterday
  • King_MeKing_Me Delray Beach, FLPosts: 6,552 Admiral

I know a few people who have absolutely no desire to work.  I hired a local bar patron to do some work around my yard every so often, he did not want to work for more than 3 hours, all he wanted was enough money to buy his cigarettes and beer for the day, that's it.  He never thought about tomorrow.

I know of a few others that are on disability, they get their disability check every month and have Medicare for all their health needs.  When they work they only want to get paid cash.

• LostconchLostconch Posts: 764 Officer
    edited March 2019 #37
    I am on disability and as I told my claim rep I can do anything for a couple of hours but not all day. I have severe arthritis and am 65 years old. Fully paid for SS and Medicare in my 45 years of working.just had 2nd knee replacement and am looking at both hips in the future. If this is gaming the system y'all can have it
    I'm trying to retire before all that fun stuff happens to me..
    So Thank ya,ll in advance for the free Turkeys and Ham. 
    Do they still give away Cheese ? Love me some grilled free cheese...winning..
  • LostconchLostconch Posts: 764 Officer
    I would definitely say go for it. Free cheese 
  • 4WARD4WARD Cross Creek,FLPosts: 2,051 Captain
    " Reagan cheese" did not melt apparently. So I have heard.

"I hate graveyards and old pawn shops
    For they always bring me tears
    I can't forgive the way they rob me
    Of my childhood souvenirs"... John Prine
    I think I've tasted Buffy Cheese before..or maybe it was Sabrina Cheese..hard to read the label in the dark but I remember it was very Musty tasting..like it hadn't see fresh air in months.
    I,ve been plotting out the Meals on Wheels guy and timing his stops.
    A little more Tactical observance and I'll be throwing Pot Luck suppers for all the starving old folks. Might start my own Church just so they can thank me and bring their Daughters to my Services....winning..
  • 2amigo2amigo Posts: 5,872 Admiral
    King_Me said:

I know a few people who have absolutely no desire to work.  I hired a local bar patron to do some work around my yard every so often, he did not want to work for more than 3 hours, all he wanted was enough money to buy his cigarettes and beer for the day, that's it.  He never thought about tomorrow.

I know of a few others that are on disability, they get their disability check every month and have Medicare for all their health needs.  When they work they only want to get paid cash.

Dam King me. Why you calling me out??!  😂
  • treemanjohntreemanjohn Posts: 5,033 Admiral
    every rat trap has free cheese
    We’re like the piggy bank that everybody is robbing, and that ends
  • micci_manmicci_man Somewhere in FLPosts: 14,661 AG
    SAENole said:
    micci_man said:

There is a locally owned country store by me that will not except any form of gov payment such as EBT, food stamps etc. You wouldn't believe how much business/support they get for this.

The Hilltop?

Yep
    Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes
  • SAENoleSAENole Posts: 11,197 AG
    micci_man said:

Yep

I love that place.  Great food and nice folks.  
    Warning Level 2
  • micci_manmicci_man Somewhere in FLPosts: 14,661 AG
    I agree
    Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes