Home Off Topic

Good news for UCF fans

FlatsMatt96FlatsMatt96 ChuluotaPosts: 1,358 Officer
https://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/ucf-knights/os-sp-ucf-mckenzie-milton-0128-story.html

He wrote, “Thanking God for the miracles I see everyday in my life. Went from almost losing my leg to leg pressing 40lbs in a little over a month. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. God is definitely at work .. it’s gonna be a long process but it’ll be one hell of a story.”

http://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-football/news/mckenzie-milton-injury-update-ucf-central-florida-leg-optimistic-qb-will-play-next-season-ncaa-fiesta-bowl-lsu/1qt66l20tifv41o4md15w4j9qf

When asked about the possibility of Milton playing in 2019, Knights quarterback coach Jeff Lebby said Saturday: "Yeah, I think so."
If youre going to burn a bridge, dont just burn it, use C4 and make a statement. 

Replies

• 2amigo2amigo Posts: 5,973 Admiral
    Good for him.  Wish him a speedy recovery.  Great competitor
  • SaltygatorvetSaltygatorvet TallahasseePosts: 5,808 Admiral
    That’s just great. Pulling for a full recovery. I’m so glad our “resident expert know it all” was wrong 
    You should have been here yesterday
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 33,416 AG
    Good for him, I hope he gets a full recovery. But I hope he doesn't try playing too soon because of pressure to get back on the field. From what I remember reading and the number of surgeries he has had, to hit the football field next year could be dangerous for him and his knee. 

Mini Mart Magnate

I am just here for my amusement. 

• MelbourneMarkMelbourneMark Posts: 2,201 Captain
    Hope he makes a full recovery.  It would be an amazing thing if he were to play again. 

PS physical therapy sucks after an injury or surgery!  I can't imagine what he is going thru 
  • Drifting_ByDrifting_By ChicagoPosts: 134 Deckhand
    Reminds me of the Bears' TE Zach Miller's knee injury a few seasons ago after catching a TD pass. He almost lost his leg too. To add insult to injury the TD was called back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwrykH3Nhtg
  • kellerclkellercl Posts: 6,700 Admiral
    edited March 2019 #7
    Impressive.  I would not have guessed him to be able to recover like he has.  Amazing news for him and his family.  I am more than happy to have been wrong on this one.  I was concerned his career was over, it still stands as one of the worse injuries I have seen to date.  

“When you're good at something, you'll tell everyone. When you're great at something, they'll tell you.”

-Walter Payton
  • FlatsMatt96FlatsMatt96 ChuluotaPosts: 1,358 Officer
    I am glad to see him recovering well and fast. I hope his career isnt over. 
    If youre going to burn a bridge, dont just burn it, use C4 and make a statement. 
  • pottydocpottydoc Port Saint JoePosts: 4,147 Captain
    Sounds sounds like he’s got a ways to go yet, but definatly a way better prognosis than ealrlier. If needed, he could probably get a medical redshirt for this year.