Home Fly Fishing

Hey Dirty Ol caster

Bill@NSB[email protected] Posts: 207 Deckhand
Yo,
I think I read in some old post or another where you mentioned The Reddington Nano Titanium fly rods that were made more than a few years ago. Anyway, I noticed some brand new ones on closeout from an online shop. For the price, $220, I thought it might be worth trying.

Thoughts? If I remember correctly, I heard some buzz about breaking back when they came out.

Thanks.

Replies

• Ol'DirtyCasterOl'DirtyCaster Posts: 2,373 Captain
    They are a bit unforgiving, and the finish on the blanks was hideous, but I know a few guys that still use them today. The Nti's were the ones guys had issues with, the NtiQ's were a little more resilient. Still one of the best casting tools I've ever had my hands on. One thing I'll warn you about, Redington can't replace them under warranty. The blanks were produced by a company in NZ that no longer has an affiliation with Redington. At 220$ you can't go wrong, if I remember right they retailed for about 650$.
  • Bill@NSB[email protected] Posts: 207 Deckhand
    Thanks much DOC. They are the NtiQ.
    I was thinking about it for a 12wt. since I don't fish big tarpon much.
  • Ol'DirtyCasterOl'DirtyCaster Posts: 2,373 Captain
    That will be a mean 12wt. The tapers on those rods were evil, very similar to the old TCR's.
  • Bill@NSB[email protected] Posts: 207 Deckhand
    Boy you're right, f'en ugly blank. Don't care for the foregrip either, but man what a cannon.
    I'll let you know how it works out.