Retiring at 63 1/2

124»

Replies

• Mister-JrMister-Jr Posts: 27,763 AG
    Mister-Jr said:
    dave44 said:
    Mister-Jr said:
    dave44 said:
    Lost me? I think the last paragraph belongs to a different forum Mr jr.

We are all immigrants.
    You snuck in? You know this country, like all other countries have laws right? If you don’t like the laws , change them. Otherwise, obey them.
    I think the Indians had some traditions too when our ancestors killed most of them.  You might as well just admit, you had nothing to do with the founding of America, you're just a member of the lucky **** club. 

Elections and Wars have  consequences. Once the Nation was established and rules put into place then they should be enforced. More Indians were killed by other Indians than white folks BTW.
    More Americans were killed by other Americans, so what?
    Vote for the other candidate
  • GLFIshGLFIsh Atlanta, GAPosts: 11 Greenhorn
    All immigrants? Not necessarily. My family has been here since 1640 - 136 years before this country came into existence. Things were a lot different then. We didn't come here illegally and we helped to fight to make this country independent from England (Google Colonel William Lyles, my 5th great-grandfather). Since then laws have been enacted that govern immigration to America. Those who don't follow those laws are just as guilty as someone who robs a bank.
  • MRichardsonMRichardson Posts: 10,446 AG
    Newbie.  My forebears got here in the 1500s.
    I have never seen live bones, but I know that they are often used by rich people to decorate the interior.
  • swampwalkerswampwalker Posts: 2,359 Captain
    The "hijacked" post. From retirement to immigration??  :|
    The original - "Renaissance Redneck"
  • SC53SC53 Posts: 614 Officer
    Never fails Swamp
  • TarponatorTarponator Under a BridgePosts: 17,011 AG
    GLFIsh said:
    All immigrants? Not necessarily. My family has been here since 1640 - 136 years before this country came into existence. Things were a lot different then. We didn't come here illegally and we helped to fight to make this country independent from England (Google Colonel William Lyles, my 5th great-grandfather). Since then laws have been enacted that govern immigration to America. Those who don't follow those laws are just as guilty as someone who robs a bank.
    Except, of course, robbing a bank is a felony and immigrating illegal is a misdemeanor.

And your 5th great-grandfather broke English law when he "helped to fight to make this country independent". 

Details, details.