Skip to main content
Home Boating

Any idea who re-pitches props in NE Florida

CreeperCreeper JacksonvillePosts: 2 Greenhorn
Just discovered I have 2 different pitched props on my boat.  Only 1 pitch difference.  But ieant them to match.  Thanks in advance.

Replies

• squidvicioussquidvicious Posts: 537 Officer
    i don't know of anyone ,in this area,that I would use.i've yet to see a shop with modern measuring equipment. if you've stainless outboard wheels,pitch changing those is just about impossible - just dropping that info. you want a prop shop with accurate scan equipment - hale MRI machines are not cheap,using a pitch block,that's gonna get you close...
    can we please stop using the word ISSUE ? it's a PROBLEM
    :wink
  • Doc StressorDoc Stressor Homosassa, FLPosts: 2,777 Captain
    While not in your area, Homosassa Propeller did a great job re-pitching a stainless propeller for me.  He won't change the pitch more than 1" on a stainless prop for structural reasons. He can add or remove some cupping as well. 

https://homosassa-propeller.business.site/
  • CreeperCreeper JacksonvillePosts: 2 Greenhorn
    Thanks both of you.  It's an SS prop.  I appreciate it. 
  • ShelShel Posts: 1,066 Officer
    Contact Rich at Leading Edge Propeller in Ellenton FL.  One of the very best in the business with a stellar reputation.  Usually about a two week turnaround. 941-720-0710 
  • Laguna23Laguna23 Posts: 144 Deckhand
    I've used General Propeller in Bradenton in the past with very good results.
  • surfmansurfman WC FLPosts: 6,022 Admiral
    Are they both being used on a twin engine set up? If so I would not re-pitch, I would buy a matching prop and sell the one you don't want.
    Tight Lines, Steve
    My posts are my opinion only.

Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.  Will Rogers
  • VikingViking Posts: 153 Deckhand
    edited February 2019 #8
    General Propeller is the only place I know left.  I have used them on several props over the last couple of years and have been very happy with their work.  They pick up at many of the dealers and marine stores in Jacksonville.  Turnaround for me was a week.  Be sure to check ahead of time if they will change the pitch on a prop.  I seem to remember that they stopped doing that.
  • araceclanaraceclan Posts: 120 Deckhand
    after reading the post form Doc Stressor I dropped off a stainless prop to mike at Hommosassa prop, he did a great job, faster turn around a and less costly than where I've been sending them.