Bites still on in the IRL!

Capjohnson.mikeCapjohnson.mike Posts: 58 Greenhorn
Morning Y’all,
 been meaning to put some posts up just been really busy with work. Took a couple days left the waders at home and decided to throw some booties on and fish before the front came in and fished some docks on the West bank and then moved to some grass flats to target some trout. Still had a great few days and found some great fish. Some nice snook and a couple of reds were on the docks, jacks, blues, and some decent flounder too. Went over to the East bank another day and caught a limit of trout and called it. Snagged a nice trout right before I left. I’ll be going out a lot during middle feb with charters and friends so I’ll keep the posts and tips coming. 
I fished the docks with a bait buster shallow runner and deep diver. The bite was a little slow so I was bouncing him on the bottom around the drop offs and had another rod with a shallow runner I was skipping  under the docks. Also threw DOA shrimp around the docks and along edges and drops on the banks. Snagged a couple nice reds. 

On the Flats I was throwing bass assasins and shallow runner bait Busters. Just casting up the current and keeping them above the grass. Trout were destroying them.

Find moving water and active bait and they’re there. If I don’t get bites in the first hhr I’m fishing, unless I know there’s fish there I pack up and move to another spot. 

Hope to to see y’all out there!

Mike

[email protected]

Replies

• th19999th19999 Posts: 88 Greenhorn
    Thanks for the detailed report. Hopefully I can get out sometime
  • OverslotsOnlyOverslotsOnly Posts: 67 Greenhorn
    Thanks Mike! Always appreciate your reports since I don't get out wading as much as I'd like to these days. 
  • HooknCooksHooknCooks OrlandoPosts: 83 Greenhorn
    Got a little of everything ... awesome couple of days.

Do have a question, you mentioned east and west bank.  Not sure what you mean.  Is that a certain area?

Thanks.
  • Capjohnson.mikeCapjohnson.mike Posts: 58 Greenhorn
    @HooksnCooks yea man literally the east bank and west bank of the river. The west bank is more structure fishing on docks. And the east bank is all flats, coves and mangroves. 

Mike
  • HooknCooksHooknCooks OrlandoPosts: 83 Greenhorn
    Gotcha, thanks for the explanation; didn't know if the west/east bank was an area like Black Point, or Peacock Pocket.
  • skankin pickleskankin pickle Posts: 45 Greenhorn
    what part of the IRL were you fishing (in a general area)? water looks pretty clear or at least semi-clear.
    rise and shine, it's fishing time!
    @Shankin Pickle I pretty much exclusively fish between Fort Pierce and Stuart when I wade. Sorry man I’m not going to lat long every honey hole I have lol you understand I hope.  But there’s a few public coves that are very productive and some great docks. And yea right now the water is very dirty. But there’s still fish there! 
  • skankin pickleskankin pickle Posts: 45 Greenhorn
    yeah man, wasn't looking for a specific location from you at all. i'm farther north, mosquito lagoon area and the water clarity is patchy.
    rise and shine, it's fishing time!
    Come on down man! Yea google maps is your friend