2/8 FPI

Left the inlet at 7:45am on Friday morning. Water temp was 64, with a nice, tight east swell. The good news was making live bait was easy. They were thick right outside the inlet. Perfect 3-4 inch thread fins. Head straight out to 170 feet. Lots of big weed lines on the way out, but the water was cold and off color. It cleared up at about 150 ft with temp at 73. Took a while to get out there with the swell. 15 minutes in we get first 12 pound Mahi. 2 hours later, boxing between 170 and 180 we are done for a total of 3 all same size. North in 75 feet is 50 or so Commercials going for the Kings. They must of got all them as we struck out in that general area. Winds now picking up so made the run back in.

Replies

• GarysmoGarysmo Ft. Pierce, FloridaPosts: 690 Officer
    Good looking mahi....
  • Plastered2850Plastered2850 Posts: 1,626 Captain
    Nice catch.
  • RyanRyan PSLPosts: 32 Greenhorn
    Nice Catch!  Any idea why this forum is so poor?  It use to me the spot.  10-15 posts a day on a nice day.  Now 1 if you are lucky.  Thanks for the post.
  • P91473P91473 Posts: 74 Greenhorn
    No idea. 
  • Blue H2OBlue H2O Posts: 58 Greenhorn
    Nice work, especially since them there Mahi have been pretty scarce lately. Thanks for the report, very encouraging
  • BarrellBarrell Posts: 1,137 Officer
    Nice but my back cant take those small, tight , steep waves.
  • GarysmoGarysmo Ft. Pierce, FloridaPosts: 690 Officer
    Barrell said:
    Nice but my back cant take those small, tight , steep waves.
    Yeah it has been tough going with the waves.  I went out of Sebastian on Friday with a friend who has a smaller cat the ride was terrible.   To top it off we started the day of going for tile fish at 850ft so we had 35+miles to start with.  Didn't catch any tiles but we trolled a bit and got one nice mahi.  Overall not sure it was worth the abuse I put on my body.
    So true, I am getting so tiered of getting bang up I am heading to the Miami show next week to see what options are out there for something a bit bigger, less pounding.
  • CaptJCaptJ Posts: 708 Officer
    $$$$$$$$$$$
    23 World Cat looks interesting and yes:$$$$$$$