Choko Report 2

Took a different route out today, Choko Pass. Started with a bunch of silver trout in a deep cut on the outside, jigs and gulp. Nice size for silvers, 14 to 15 1/2. Met our objective of getting supper. The bite was great on the slack tide, it stopped immediately with the incoming. I'm not an old salt, but seemed strange to me. Moved to some points with the incoming, my wife got 2 reds but under slot. Not much happening after that, but another great day on the water. 

Replies

• LCANGLERLCANGLER Posts: 7 Greenhorn
    Hey hodag guy did you put in choko island park? Is choko pass marked out to the outside.
  • 1outlaw1outlaw Naples FLPosts: 938 Officer
    Thanks for the report!!
    Jason :USA
  • hodag_guyhodag_guy Posts: 41 Greenhorn
    LCANGLER said:
    Hey hodag guy did you put in choko island park? Is choko pass marked out to the outside.
    We've put in there in the past but this year we have a slip at Parkland. The route is the same, across the south end of Choko bay to Choko pass. There are markers in Choko bay but not enough to guide you all the way to deeper waters in Choko pass, or Rabbit Key pass. I found my first way a few years ago by studying Google Earth imagery. You can look at images at different dates and there are some taken at low tide that show the deep routes. You'll also do OK with a Navionics chip or even better Florida Marine Tracks. If you go slow at low tide you'll see what you need to avoid. Good luck!
  • LCANGLERLCANGLER Posts: 7 Greenhorn
    Thnks for the info! I have the FMT chip.