1/29 Boca - Golden Tile

Tried trolling for wahoo at first light but the weeds inside made it impossible to troll. Pushed offshore and found a weed line rip in 600ft. The weed line had a half sunk inflatable boat, tree, garbage can, 55 gallon drums, and numerous other debris. However only one under sized dolphin. I had the deep drop rod on board and decide to make a few drops. Second drop and got a nice Golden Tile.

Replies

• TunachaserTunachaser Posts: 205 Deckhand
    Nice work👍
  • jman122jman122 33478Posts: 38 Greenhorn
    Nice!
  • Dustin BoyntonDustin Boynton Boynton beachPosts: 343 Deckhand
    nice fish
  • unit0028unit0028 Posts: 34 Greenhorn
    Awesome catch. How deep were ya?
  • b1gdog83b1gdog83 Posts: 121 Deckhand
    unit0028 said:
    Awesome catch. How deep were ya?
    790ft
  • Plastered2850Plastered2850 Posts: 1,628 Captain
    Very nice.
  • Flight RiskFlight Risk Posts: 2,466 Captain
    Nice Golden Tile! 

Pura Vida!
  • GarysmoGarysmo Ft. Pierce, FloridaPosts: 692 Officer
    that is a nice fish.....congrats
  • conchydongconchydong Pompano BeachPosts: 4,248 Captain
    Nice to see a Golden Bigdog. Haven't tried for one yet since the season opened. Been staying in closer for YEs and Snowies.

“Everyone behaves badly--given the chance.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway

Nice to see a Golden Bigdog. Haven't tried for one yet since the season opened. Been staying in closer for YEs and Snowies.
    There biting good got another one today on first drop.  I was fishing solo so had my limit right away.  I seem to have the Tiles down.  Now I need to find those YE's and Snowies.  I've been prospecting in the 350-500 range off deerfield but have yet to find them yet.
  • ballardtaleckballardtaleck Posts: 1 Greenhorn
    I've been trying to find Golden Tile on the East coast all year.  Can you give me a better idea at what depth I should be fishing?  I've been getting a lot of BIG rosies, some over 15 inches, but have yet to find any Goldens.  I fish out of Hillsboro or Lauerdale cut and typically hit the 700-900 depth mark, but only find schools of rosies. Any advice tyou can lend me would be much appreciated!   @b1gdog83
  • I've been trying to find Golden Tile on the East coast all year.  Can you give me a better idea at what depth I should be fishing?  I've been getting a lot of BIG rosies, some over 15 inches, but have yet to find any Goldens.  I fish out of Hillsboro or Lauerdale cut and typically hit the 700-900 depth mark, but only find schools of rosies. Any advice tyou can lend me would be much appreciated!   @b1gdog83
    If you feel rock bottom you are only going to catch Rosies. If you feel that weight stick in the mud at the first drop, you are in the right place! Hit the MOB on the GPS and keep working the mud.
    I've been trying to find Golden Tile on the East coast all year.  Can you give me a better idea at what depth I should be fishing?  I've been getting a lot of BIG rosies, some over 15 inches, but have yet to find any Goldens.  I fish out of Hillsboro or Lauerdale cut and typically hit the 700-900 depth mark, but only find schools of rosies. Any advice tyou can lend me would be much appreciated!   @b1gdog83
    Your fishing the right depth. Just have to find the mud.  Another thing to add is for Tiles you need to use a BIG bait.  A whole filet of blue runner, slab of king fish, barracuda, bonita all work great.  You can use squid but they need to be the big ones.  The big bait will also keep some of the roseys away from it.  The area I fish off Boca I get roseys and tiles in the same area.  I think roseys and tiles are mixed together more then people think.  It's just the fact that the roseys dont give the tiles a chance to find the bait.  
  • LiveSouthFLLiveSouthFL Posts: 137 Deckhand
    Beautiful fish! Congrats! It's been too long since I've been out there...
    Ed Moore
    Broker-Owner
    Live South Florida Realty, Inc.
    LiveSouthFL.com

*FREE MLS app for your mobile device: Text EDMOORE to 87778 or visit: http://87778.mobi/EDMOORE/