Home General Hunting

delete

13»

Replies

• Rich MRich M Posts: 1,326 Officer
    This was a great post!

Jr. is gonna be a lawman and change things at FWC.  Save your passion kid - it's great that you have it.  Just remember LEOs enforce laws, they don;t make laws or try to change the status quo.  That's not a function of the job.
  • duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 20,493 AG
    I agree this forum used to be good.  Unfortunately everything you post on here that can promote another hunter or fisher into the field is going to be your direct competition.  Florida is so saturated with hunters and fishers that the average guy is getting pushed out.  Leases are 5k-10k in my area.  I can't afford that with two kids in daycare.  

Maybe you should sell that airboat so you have more money........and it will also solve that running over those pesky Sand Hill crane issue at the same time....LOL

There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you
  • duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 20,493 AG
    pottydoc said:
    By the way, your opinion won’t sway anybody as far as where they’ll live, fish, or hunt. No one really gives a dang what you think.
    He won't believe you.....
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you
  • HUNTINTHEWILDHUNTINTHEWILD Posts: 332 Deckhand
    Well to be completely honest it's bitter sweet for me.  Watching all these retirees coming down here to "paradise".  On one hand it pains me to see Florida's environment decline, on the second hand it's sweet to know they are spending their nest eggs to live in squalor.  I know I am not retiring here.  F that.  By then it will be too gross.
  • pottydocpottydoc The thriving metropolis of Umatilla Posts: 3,664 Captain
    Well it was all I could do.  You can also try and keep it down so that we can have it a little longer.  Billionaires are chasing off millionaires anymore and when they come here they pay a lot to hunt.  If not, enjoy the sH!tty water, people sitting in your tree stands, traffic, and lesser odds on quotas.  
    No one but people that belong there on the property I hunt. Just a pile of deer. It ain’t in Florida, though, and it ain’t cheap. Nothing like a high end Florida lease, but still not cheap. As for the water, it’s still in pretty good shape where I live. Not pristine, but no runoff here. 
    No runoff, not yet, wait till the little towns fill up and they need new places to build.  Your next!
    One of these yanks on here gotta be from upstate.  Tell us how the deer hunting in the Adirondacks was impacted by the populace.
  • ANUMBER1ANUMBER1 Posts: 10,942 AG
    Why don't you tell us where you are from and how the deer hunting has changed in your area, say from 1960 to the present?                                                                                                                                                                                
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
  • FlatsMatt96FlatsMatt96 ChuluotaPosts: 1,206 Officer
    Rich M said:
    This was a great post!

Jr. is gonna be a lawman and change things at FWC.  Save your passion kid - it's great that you have it.  Just remember LEOs enforce laws, they don;t make laws or try to change the status quo.  That's not a function of the job.
    I still want to take opinions. I want to be a community officer and one that helps and is kind rather than be an officer who antagonizes people. 
    If youre going to burn a bridge, dont just burn it, use C4 and make a statement. 
  • ANUMBER1ANUMBER1 Posts: 10,942 AG
    when my grandson expressed interest in FWC he was told to apply but a military/LEO background would be preferred.

I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
  • FlatsMatt96FlatsMatt96 ChuluotaPosts: 1,206 Officer
    ANUMBER1 said:
    when my grandson expressed interest in FWC he was told to apply but a military/LEO background would be preferred.

Ive got an officer who is personally helping me. He said the same things but he also said theres a special course one can take in order to "have" a police background. So I plan to do that and that would hopefully with a 4 year degree and tht policing course make me one of the top applicants. 
    If youre going to burn a bridge, dont just burn it, use C4 and make a statement. 
  • MRichardsonMRichardson Posts: 10,097 AG
    Who you know is important.
    Don't let anyone discourage you.
    I have never seen live bones, but I know that they are often used by rich people to decorate the interior.
  • zimmy4209zimmy4209 Ocala FloridaPosts: 651 Officer
    I'm from upstate but only 39 so I guess I never remember Adirondack for anything than what it is. Lots of wilderness and very few deer. Southern tier on other hand is loaded with deer. My best buck ever was shot less than 20 miles from the nation's Capitol and not positive but assume human population density might be higher  than florida who knows. I will say kudos to all you floridians who have put venison in freezer down here cause there isn't a spot in world where it's any tougher to hunt imo this year mentally and physically chewed me up trying to seal deal. Without a doubt only season ever there's no version in my freezer