Home Off Topic

About this time 30 years ago they were strapping Ted Bundy in the electric chair.

GA FinGA Fin Posts: 8,956 Admiral

I saw a video on YouTube yesterday that sent me to Wiki to read about Ted Bundy. That dude was pure evil.

It does my heart good to know he was gang **** on death row(according to Wiki). He go just a small taste of pain he caused others.

I hope that electric chair was painful. It seems like a bad way to go out.

Straight white male living a life of privilege and proud of it.

"The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth and see those dear to them bathed in tears, to ride their horses and clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters."

Replies

• drgibbydrgibby Posts: 1,538 Captain
    I wish they would have traded the electric chair in for some electric bleachers. It would have significantly sped up the process................
  • mplspugmplspug Palmetto FloridaPosts: 12,554 AG
    Ah memories!

Captain Todd Approves

• johnpowersjohnpowers BayPosts: 2,898 Captain
    I remember a bumper sticker from back then, I will Buckle Up When Bundy gets Buckled Up in The Chair".
  • Westwall01Westwall01 Posts: 5,453 Admiral
    Crispy Critter
  • SAENoleSAENole Posts: 11,187 AG

Warning Level 2
  • GardawgGardawg Posts: 9,786 Admiral
    my favorite sign at the fry party …

“Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.

Heres Tom with the Weather.”
  • GA FinGA Fin Posts: 8,956 Admiral
    When they are quote Talking Heads lyrics you know it's good stuff. The got a Tramps lyrics quote too!

"The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth and see those dear to them bathed in tears, to ride their horses and clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters."
  • Team SabatageTeam Sabatage USA, USA, USAPosts: 13,011 AG
    Saw the premier of his story at Sundance tonight.  That was one sick puppy.

Strap me in, tie me down and roll me a bone, I'm getting on an airplane and I'm flying home...
  • pottydocpottydoc Port Saint JoePosts: 4,064 Captain
    I lived in Tallahassee while he was still running around loose (wife attended FSU). The women there were some scared folks. 
  • ferris1248ferris1248 Posts: 9,027 Moderator

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

• MRichardsonMRichardson Posts: 10,438 AG
    Coulda been worse.
    He wanted to be a lawyer.
    I have never seen live bones, but I know that they are often used by rich people to decorate the interior.
  • SAENoleSAENole Posts: 11,187 AG
    Coulda been worse.
    He wanted to be a lawyer.

Warning Level 2
    He did the best he could.
    Chose the lesser of two evils,  you lo?
    I have never seen live bones, but I know that they are often used by rich people to decorate the interior.

This quote(regarding a surviving FSU victim of Bundy) is all I need to support the death penalty:

"When the district attorney called Kleiner to tell her that Bundy was dead, she began wailing and rocking back and forth, as Rubin tried to hold her. Margaret and Lisa were flashing through her mind. As she wept, she felt something change. “All the angst…I felt it lifting,” she says. “I felt so clean.” After that, she got dressed and went to breakfast with Rubin. Then they went shopping for a new car, and stopped for lunch."

The only real pain Bundy ever felt was when those inmates made him pull a train and when the DOC sent that current through his body. It sure would have been nice to interview him right after those cons tore him a new one. I doubt he would have been so smug.

There was no train.
    Just the electrimocution.
    There was no train.
    Just the electrimocution.

Per Wiki:

"Sometime during this period, Bundy was attacked by a group of his fellow death row inmates. Though he denied having been assaulted, a number of inmates confessed to the crime, characterized by one source as a "gang r*pe".

That's just a rumor. Sourced to an anecdote.
    He was likely never ****.  He probably had a comfortable (as much as can be) life 
    in prison and then was kilt by the state.  It's nice to thing he didn't, but that's probably 
    all there was to it.
    He was likely never ****.  He probably had a comfortable (as much as can be) life 
    in prison and then was kilt by the state.  It's nice to thing he didn't, but that's probably 
    all there was to it.

I bet you're a real hoot a parties.

Can't you let someone have even a small piece of joy over a scumbag getting his butt tore out?

• dragon baitdragon bait Posts: 9,121 Admiral
    GA Fin said:
    all there was to it.

Can't you let someone have even a small piece of joy over a scumbag getting his butt tore out?

Some people have strange fantasies ^^^
  • johnpowersjohnpowers BayPosts: 2,898 Captain
    Death row inmates are in solitary. 
  • Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 8,003 Admiral
    Well They shouldn't  be. Should be just a big block house and give them all 3 inch Paring knifes...
    Killin and Grillin :grin
    GA Fin said:
    all there was to it.

I used to be.
    Not so much anymore. :|

• Florida BullfrogFlorida Bullfrog Posts: 3,437 Captain
    They are allowed contact with other inmates.

Bundy was beat up by other inmates. That’s a documented fact. Whether he was **** or not is unknown. Bob Dekle, the prosecutor that actually got him executed (he was killed for the Lake City murder, not the Florida State murders as the Netflix documentary leads you to think), believes that he was gang **** by the inmates.
    That documentary is horrendous.
    Doesn't nearly tell the whole story about what a monster this idiot was.
    They are allowed contact with other inmates.

Bundy was beat up by other inmates. That’s a documented fact. Whether he was **** or not is unknown. Bob Dekle, the prosecutor that actually got him executed (he was killed for the Lake City murder, not the Florida State murders as the Netflix documentary leads you to think), believes that he was gang **** by the inmates.

YES!

Some people have strange fantasies ^^^
    Yep. I enjoy thinking about terrible things happening to terrible people.

• 2amigo2amigo Posts: 5,860 Admiral
    Older sister was a Chi O living off campus when this happened.