The politics forum still exists

2»

Replies

• nuevowavonuevowavo Posts: 6,823 Admin
    edited January 2019 #32
    The mods left it there just to trigger you, Battery. :p

Mission accomplished.  :#

Have a nice weekend.

lol.. your definition of triggered is suspect as most things you say. Its pretty simple.... if the point of closing the forum so that new comers weren't scared or because it didn't represent the principles of the main forum then it has failed. I am sure they dont want to delete the forum because of the post count. At one point it was 1/3 of the total place.
    Wait, wouldn't that be misleading to advertisers whose ad rate is based on traffic?
    Advertisers pay for clicks, and most of the eyeballs and clicks generated by this site are from lurkers who never even register. They come here to learn about fishing, not your political opining. and from what we here, that opining drove more people away than attracted them.
    The only reason that the dear departed Politics section is still visible is the incompetence of the site management.
    Federales, bring my baby back to me!
  • ferris1248ferris1248 Posts: 9,603 Moderator

I think the forum is doing very well because of all the traffic created by all the posts about the politics forum being gone.

:#  B)

Contrarian marketing.

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

• ANUMBER1ANUMBER1 Posts: 11,750 AG
    nuevowavo said:

Have a nice weekend.

lol.. your definition of triggered is suspect as most things you say. Its pretty simple.... if the point of closing the forum so that new comers weren't scared or because it didn't represent the principles of the main forum then it has failed. I am sure they dont want to delete the forum because of the post count. At one point it was 1/3 of the total place.
    Wait, wouldn't that be misleading to advertisers whose ad rate is based on traffic?
    Advertisers pay for clicks, and most of the eyeballs and clicks generated by this site are from lurkers who never even register. They come here to learn about fishing, not your political opining. and from what we here, that opining drove more people away than attracted them.
    The only reason that the dear departed Politics section is still visible is the incompetence of the site management.
    Mr. Admin, why is the thread in the NE section still up and why hasn't Morocco Madness been banned for a "IN YOUR FACE" political post?

You've banned many of us for less!
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
  • Bimini TwistedBimini Twisted Posts: 11,444 AG
    ANUMBER1 said:

Mr. Admin, why is the thread in the NE section still up and why hasn't Morocco Madness been banned for a "IN YOUR FACE" political post?

What a great thread, gets the juices flowing.
  • dragon baitdragon bait Posts: 9,249 Admiral
    .nuevowavo said:

Have a nice weekend.

I wonder how many of the views are search bots, that of they don't like what they see and fail to register

*hear
  • mplspugmplspug Palmetto FloridaPosts: 12,875 AG
    edited January 2019 #37
    Search boys don't count as traffic as their user-agent value is filtered out.

Captain Todd Approves

• 1outlaw1outlaw Naples FLPosts: 1,443 Officer
    ANUMBER1 said:
    nuevowavo said:

Have a nice weekend.

Wow! I had to go see for myself! How the hell has he not been banned and why is that thread still visible!! Hmmm!
    Jason :USA
    He hasn't been banned because he knows bill dance, writes for fishing publications and has fished and hunted more than all of us combined.

:trollface:

Captain Todd Approves

• MRichardsonMRichardson Posts: 10,446 AG
    edited January 2019 #40
    That is the most blatant favoritism I've seen here by moderators.
    Many posts, political as hell, inflammatory, derogatory, confrontational..&c.

Who is this clown? I can know Bill Dance if you give me a month.  2* connection, could work it if it will give me free reign here with a phone call or two.

Do I need to eat at his house or just converse with him?

I got warned for simply typing the word "Trump."

What in the actual ****, mods?
    I have never seen live bones, but I know that they are often used by rich people to decorate the interior.
  • nuevowavonuevowavo Posts: 6,823 Admin
    Gotta talk to the NE moderator. Or ask Rich, he's the Regional Admin.
    Federales, bring my baby back to me!
  • MRichardsonMRichardson Posts: 10,446 AG
    Well.  
    I'm going to try out the "my cousin knows Bill Dance" on Ferris next time I get a warning.
    I have never seen live bones, but I know that they are often used by rich people to decorate the interior.
  • mississippimacmississippimac mississippi coastPosts: 1 Greenhorn

I miss the humor generated by the ultramaroons from the "right"....

carrion....

And  you are?

Captain Todd Approves

• Bimini TwistedBimini Twisted Posts: 11,444 AG
    edited January 2019 #45

Captain Todd Approves

• dave44dave44 Posts: 11,769 AG
    edited January 2019 #47
    mplspug said:
    And  you are?
    He’s an old poster that changed his name slightly. Strange enough.
       Bikini says he’s a massive snowflake, but he’s always signed his posts that he’s actually dead meat.
  • dave44dave44 Posts: 11,769 AG
  • 4WARD4WARD Cross Creek,FLPosts: 2,111 Captain
    That is the most blatant favoritism I've seen here by moderators.
    Many posts, political as hell, inflammatory, derogatory, confrontational..&c.

Who is this clown? I can know Bill Dance if you give me a month.  2* connection, could work it if it will give me free reign here with a phone call or two.

Do I need to eat at his house or just converse with him?

I got warned for simply typing the word "Trump."

What in the actual ****, mods?
    nuevowavo said:

See silly,
    All you gotta do is talk to 2 guys that are never here.

"I hate graveyards and old pawn shops
    For they always bring me tears
    I can't forgive the way they rob me
    Of my childhood souvenirs"... John Prine
  • ANUMBER1ANUMBER1 Posts: 11,750 AG
    1outlaw said:
    ANUMBER1 said:
    nuevowavo said:

Have a nice weekend.

Wow! I had to go see for myself! How the hell has he not been banned and why is that thread still visible!! Hmmm!
    he is moroccan and is untouchable...

I thought politics was a permaban?

Free Sonny Barger!
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
  • GA FinGA Fin Posts: 8,956 Admiral
    nuevowavo said:

Is Rich still in service?
    Straight white male living a life of privilege and proud of it.

"The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth and see those dear to them bathed in tears, to ride their horses and clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters."