Home Off Topic

Superbowl.

2»

Replies

• I missed that one for the same reason.
    Did get to see Bob Hope thou.
    THERE SHOULD BE NO COMMERCIAL FISHING ALLOWED FOR ANY SPECIES THAT IS CONSIDERED OVERFISHED.
  • tankardtankard Posts: 7,031 Admiral
    surfman said:
    It's pretty boring but basically the same game a hockey only slower. Hockey seems to be pretty popular too for some reason.
    No flopping in hockey. My main issue w soccer

It is unwatchable. Their general metrosexuality doesn't help.

Do they have hairstylists in the locker room? Or do they do each others' hair?

Soccer....the only sport where the men are prettier than the women.

• GA FinGA Fin Posts: 8,956 Admiral

Straight white male living a life of privilege and proud of it.

"The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth and see those dear to them bathed in tears, to ride their horses and clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters."
  • ferris1248ferris1248 Posts: 9,614 Moderator
    I missed that one for the same reason.
    Did get to see Bob Hope thou.
    Was supposed to see Bob Hope at Camp Eagle in December of 70 but they moved my deros up and I wasn't going to argue.

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

• Billy No MatesBilly No Mates Posts: 3,191 Captain
    edited January 2019 #36
    tankard said:

It is unwatchable. Soccer....the only sport where the men are prettier than the women.

You are in the minority.

You think the men are pretty!!??

• stc1993stc1993 Albany, GA Carrabelle, FLPosts: 7,672 Admiral
    A good deal on an 18 person skybox for the SB they're going for $375,000.

A nose bleed seat for $3500. I guess I need to get a skybox.
  • johnpowersjohnpowers BayPosts: 2,898 Captain
    stc1993 said:
    A good deal on an 18 person skybox for the SB they're going for $375,000.

A nose bleed seat for $3500. I guess I need to get a skybox.
    If you help with the fuel and parking at Hartsfield we’ll take the G5. 
  • bigfinn35bigfinn35 Sarasota/VenicePosts: 663 Officer
    surfman said:
    It's pretty boring but basically the same game a hockey only slower. Hockey seems to be pretty popular too for some reason.
    Watch what you wanna watch, but I'll never understand football fans complaining about other sports being slow when the core of football involves interrupting the brief moments of action with long moments of waiting.

Not to say that football isn't entertaining, but it's a bit hypocritical to call other sports too slow IMO.
    Paddle faster, I hear banjo music.
  • dragon baitdragon bait Posts: 9,253 Admiral
    bigfinn35 said:
    surfman said:
    Watch what you wanna watch, but I'll never understand football fans complaining about other sports being slow when the core of football involves interrupting the brief moments of action with long moments of waiting.

Not to say that football isn't entertaining, but it's a bit hypocritical to call other sports too slow IMO.
    but if you tally up the time when the ball is actually in play, the action amounts to a mere 11 minutes.

https://qz.com/150577/an-average-nfl-game-more-than-100-commercials-and-just-11-minutes-of-play/
  • FlashFlash Posts: 11,230 AG
    ANYONE but the Patsies!!  Even La-La Land.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked. --- Lord Chesterfield
  • stc1993stc1993 Albany, GA Carrabelle, FLPosts: 7,672 Admiral
    I read today Cocacola is not advertising this yr.  1St time in 11 yrs.
  • conchydongconchydong Pompano BeachPosts: 7,357 Admiral
    edited January 2019 #43
    Really not excited this year. Still mad at the NFL for a certain reason, don't care for either team, never heard of the halftime band and from the previews of the commercials, never heard of or don't care for the "celebrities" on them. Gladys Knight is the only good thing.
    I hope I will be cleaning fish that day. 

“Everyone behaves badly--given the chance.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway

• AC ManAC Man Posts: 6,440 Admiral
    Well, I lied. I'll watch it just like I have seen everyone since the get go. I want the patsies to loose. If they don't I'll change the channel if they are winning near the end. Do not want to watch the celebration. 

• AC ManAC Man Posts: 6,440 Admiral
    The Fins beat the Pat's  4 out of 5 years at home and beat the Steelers at home to make the playoffs last year. What a Joke. Put Miami at Pitt or Pat's when it counts and no contest. Coaches and players let down yet again.
  • sigiiligansigiiligan Posts: 158 Deckhand
    Rams by 3 points
  • GA FinGA Fin Posts: 8,956 Admiral
    edited January 2019 #47
    stc1993 said:
    I read today Cocacola is not advertising this yr.  1St time in 11 yrs.

They have a social justice commercial airing right before kickoff. None during the actual game.

I don't have an issue with the message, but they should just stick to making flavored sugar water IMHO.

"Coca-Cola reveals new Super Bowl ad promoting inclusion, diversity."

“A Coke is a Coke” is set to air in the pregame spot, just ahead of the national anthem. It marks the brand’s 13th consecutive appearance in the Big Game. Last year Coca-Cola relayed a similar message of inclusion with its spot, “The Wonder of Us.”

Straight white male living a life of privilege and proud of it.

"The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth and see those dear to them bathed in tears, to ride their horses and clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters."
  • mindyabinessmindyabiness Posts: 6,499 Admiral
    I don't have an issue with the message, but they should just stick to making flavored sugar water IMHO.

What else do you think the motivation could be?

Other than to sell Coca Cola.... you don't think this guy cares who buys it...do you?

Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to crap on the board and strut around like it won anyway.