Waht is up with this wind lately...?

4 days off and the wind is blowing every day

I had hoped to be able to get offshore for some red grouper and snapper but looks like I'll be watching the forecast for next weekend

anybody else make an attempt at heading out deep?

Replies

• Feeding FrenzyFeeding Frenzy Posts: 247 Officer
    Tons of flounder just off the beaches. Shrimp has worked best. Also been picking up a few mangs and decent sheepies mixed in. Just have to roll with what Mother Nature gives ya. We been staying tight to the berach and doing well with a variety of fish.
    K
  • SCFD rtrd.SCFD rtrd. Posts: 1,376 Officer
    Must one of those global climate changes they talk about. My wife and I were just talking about how much the wind has blown in the last few years. Seems like every day we get 15 to 20 from some direction. I remember back in the day. It was always calm and you could see red-fish tailing from 300' away. Maybe you'll get some good days after this front passes.
  • Captain RossCaptain Ross Posts: 289 Officer
    It'll stop blowing in May. Maybe.
    Last winter it was relentless as well.
    We all hope for some breaks (on the weekends if possible)
  • Captain RossCaptain Ross Posts: 289 Officer
    Tons of flounder just off the beaches. Shrimp has worked best. Also been picking up a few mangs and decent sheepies mixed in. Just have to roll with what Mother Nature gives ya. We been staying tight to the berach and doing well with a variety of fish.

Have you been getting the flounders near artificial reefs, or live bottom/limestone?

Last winter we picked up several nice flatties while sheep heading on some rocks in 40' out of boca grande.
  • Feeding FrenzyFeeding Frenzy Posts: 247 Officer
    Out over the sand near any structure. They have been plentiful, but finicky. Would only take a shrimp.
    K
  • bigfinn35bigfinn35 Posts: 597 Officer
    Just off the beaches, excellent action from bonito and Spanish macks. Still got a few kings mixed in, throw a silver spoon, a mullet imitation, or a live greenback. Just look for the feeding birds.
    Paddle faster, I hear banjo music.
  • nuclearfishnnuclearfishn Posts: 8,356 Admiral
    It seems like the wind gods take a few days of in December. let's hope. I'm running low on grouper.
  • Mr. DemeanorMr. Demeanor Posts: 370 Officer
    Its either hotter than hell and calm or cool and rough as hell. Hey, at least its rarely hot as hell and rough as hell :)