Home Off Topic

Is This Odd Or What?

AC ManAC Man Posts: 6,433 Admiral
A  35 year friend and customer had us out for regular maintenance on his A/C. We arrived and the contractor doing some work on his property told us he passed away last night from a heart attack. He is in the funeral business and has helped us in the past and going forward. I was shocked!

My wife called his wife asap and some woman answered the the phone and said things happen get over it and hung up.

Two months later he called my office. My office manager of 18 years had to put him on hold to gather her thoughts, he as a friend to all of us. She was very shaken. He said he has been calling his friends to say his death is not true and he has been getting flowers sent to the house and sympathy cards to his wife. Still unsure how it got that far.

A Few weeks later (last week) someone was killed in our town in a hit and run on a pedestrian. The name was released and it was his name right down to the spelling of his first middle and last name and age.

He then felt obligated to call everyone to say it wasn't him yet again. Very creepy.

Replies

• stc1993stc1993 Albany, GA Carrabelle, FLPosts: 7,640 Admiral
    That's weird, someone's out to get him?
  • restlessnativerestlessnative Posts: 2,382 Captain
    How many life insurance checks has he cashed ☺️
  • dave44dave44 Posts: 11,755 AG
    You were at his house and the guy working there said he was dead? You had his personal # and a woman said he was dead, get over it? 
       I hate to say it, but your friend sounds shady. You should see if he has a motor home parked in his living room.
  • ferris1248ferris1248 Posts: 9,575 Moderator
    AC Man said:
    A  35 year friend and customer had us out for regular maintenance on his A/C. We arrived and the contractor doing some work on his property told us he passed away last night from a heart attack. He is in the funeral business and has helped us in the past and going forward. I was shocked!

My wife called his wife asap and some woman answered the the phone and said things happen get over it and hung up.

Two months later he called my office. My office manager of 18 years had to put him on hold to gather her thoughts, he as a friend to all of us. She was very shaken. He said he has been calling his friends to say his death is not true and he has been getting flowers sent to the house and sympathy cards to his wife. Still unsure how it got that far.

A Few weeks later (last week) someone was killed in our town in a hit and run on a pedestrian. The name was released and it was his name right down to the spelling of his first middle and last name and age.

He then felt obligated to call everyone to say it wasn't him yet again. Very creepy.

Very strange AC. I believe I'd go across town and lay eyes on him just to make sure.

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

• NickhoogNickhoog Posts: 854 Officer
    Make sure you have him pay up front for any services...
  • AC ManAC Man Posts: 6,433 Admiral
    The guy is good as gold. Has a very nice house and everyone knows him.

I think some jack **** got it started and it blew up from there. Lots of miscumunication as well. 

When my wife called his wife she never mentioned the person died. So go figure what that was about.

He fired the contractor that started the rumors. 

The odds that someone else died and in the paper last week with the same name and age was even stranger.

Although he does have a very common name. Like a Bill Smith type of name.
  • treemanjohntreemanjohn Posts: 5,089 Admiral
    I stay away from complications
    We’re like the piggy bank that everybody is robbing, and that ends
  • surfmansurfman WC FLPosts: 5,982 Admiral
    Happens all the time...
    Tight Lines, Steve
    My posts are my opinion only.

Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.  Will Rogers
  • Gary SGary S Posts: 2,295 Captain
    Did this happen around the time Mr. saw the orange flash?
  • PolarPolar Lake WorthPosts: 22,464 AG
  • Bruce SBruce S Posts: 531 Officer
    I have a neighbor named Bill Smith. Come to think of it I haven't seen him in a while
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]