Home Off Topic

Air purifier for bedroom (allergies)

MelbourneMarkMelbourneMark Posts: 2,201 Captain
my wife want me to get an air purifier for the bedroom.  Does anyone use one and have a brand/model they like? 

Replies

• AC ManAC Man Posts: 6,466 Admiral
    We specialize in indoor air quality from whole house systems to portable room machines. Not the hokie brands they sell on TV but commercial grade real deal. . I'll get you some info asap.

Not trying to sell you anything. I'll just send you the info on the products we like best.
  • oaksoaks Posts: 105 Deckhand
    RGF  Remi-Phi-cell.
    Check out the website for info.
    Awesome products, but will be for the whole house..
  • dave44dave44 Posts: 11,788 AG
    You can send a bunch of soap into the air?

• NickhoogNickhoog Posts: 855 Officer

RGF product un-reliable

Look for whole Nano products

• MelbourneMarkMelbourneMark Posts: 2,201 Captain
    Thanks for the suggestions guys.   I'm currently in a rental, so I want a portable system over a duct mounted one.  
  • Fish HaidFish Haid Posts: 8,417 Admiral

I think it would be better to focus on the specific type of allergen.  Chances are you (your wife) uses 100 different unnecessary chemicals and scented products throughout your house - everything from soaps, perfumes, air "fresheners", laundry detergents, make-up, hair sprays, shampoo..... 

People claim to be "allergic", then blame mold, dust mites and pets, then ignore the hundreds of chemicals they expose themselves to in order have things smell "fresh".  What the hell is "fresh scent"?  In a can - really?  Then, we insulate the house to keep outside (fresh) air out!

Simple bar soap and unscented laundry detergent  is all anyone needs.  Why do people want their clothes to smell like some artificial detergent odor?

I hope Cyclist doesn't see this tis post - it would be embarrassing to have him agree with me.

23895.gif
  • PolarPolar Lake WorthPosts: 22,464 AG
    Nickhoog said:

RGF product un-reliable

how so? Ive installed over 200 in the last 6 months and have zero failures? Well one where the lady claimed we tried to kill her child with hydrogen peroxide exposure, but thats about it. 
  • jcbcpajcbcpa Posts: 1,945 Captain
    Polar said:
    Nickhoog said:

RGF product un-reliable

how so? Ive installed over 200 in the last 6 months and have zero failures? Well one where the lady claimed we tried to kill her child with hydrogen peroxide exposure, but thats about it. 
    Whats it cost to have one of those installed?
    I can't give you a sure-fire formula for success, but I can give you a formula for failure: try to please everybody all the time.
    Herbert Bayard Swope
    US editor & journalist (1882 - 1958)
    My wife went to a allergists 4-5 years ago. Basically, she is allergic to everything.   
    She actually had less allergies when we were living in NC. (That tells me the issue is more atmospheric than household) 
    Check out the Sanuvox Website. They make some really great products and we have proof. They do hospitals, labs etc, and some great portable machines that we have donated and changed a sick kids life.

The website is not customer friendly. If you want info let me know.
  • PolarPolar Lake WorthPosts: 22,464 AG
    jcbcpa said:
    Polar said:
    Nickhoog said:

RGF product un-reliable

we get $1100 
  • surfmansurfman WC FLPosts: 5,982 Admiral
    edited January 2019 #15
    I always laugh when people tell me they have allergies and then move to Florida. What are you, a glutton for punishment?

Some actually think moving here would help them. LOL
    Tight Lines, Steve
    My posts are my opinion only.

Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.  Will Rogers
  • jcbcpajcbcpa Posts: 1,945 Captain
    Polar said:
    jcbcpa said:
    Polar said:
    Nickhoog said:

RGF product un-reliable

we get $1100 
    Thanks. 
    I can't give you a sure-fire formula for success, but I can give you a formula for failure: try to please everybody all the time.
    Herbert Bayard Swope
    US editor & journalist (1882 - 1958)
  • NickhoogNickhoog Posts: 855 Officer
    Polar said:
    Nickhoog said:

RGF product un-reliable

The original Guardian Air is/was a piece of junk.  The REME is over priced for my liking.  I  do agree that they work, but had so many failures with them , I've switched brands.  I have an inside working with Mr. Finks operation for many years and know how they operate, not pleased with how they do business.  I guess it could be a personal thing with me as well....  The guy who makes the Nano product use to work for Mr. Fink and quit and went out on his own because of the previously mentioned reason...
    edited January 2019 #18
    I like the Sanuvox products the best. They have a portable model that we donated to a sick child who had low immune system and was always sick. After two weeks he wasn't getting sick anymoreI I was thrilled.so was his mother.

AC Man said:
    I like the Sanuvox products the best. They have a portable model that we donated to a sick child who had low immune system and was always sick. After two weeks he wasn't getting sick anymoreI I was thrilled.so was his mother.

AC, what approx costs of portable model? 
    I'll find out and get you the info. 
  • GardawgGardawg Posts: 10,102 AG
    Fish Haid said:

Simple bar soap and unscented laundry detergent  is all anyone needs. 

Yep, this is the only soap I use.  

“Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.

Heres Tom with the Weather.”