Fishing options May/June Cape Coral area

Hi, we are looking to travel to Cape Coral for our annual fishing holiday but reading this forum I have a few worries..

We had planned to fish the 3 week of June but our accomodation is not available which means we'd have to fish the end of May or the first week of June, would this make much difference ?

We usually fish for tarpon, sharks and Goliath grouper but we also do some light tackle for snook, jacks etc. 
As we do not eat fish all is catch and release.
My biggest worry is the possible influence of the red tide I have been reading about, will this seriously affect our fishing options, if so would it be a better idea to go to the Keys or the 10.000 islands area ?

We'd like a change of scenery as we have fished the Keys before but I am not too sure if this year would be a good idea.

Any info appreciated!

Serge

Replies

• BLfishingBLfishing Cape CoralPosts: 19 Greenhorn
    Fishing is great that time of year for big snook, tarpon, trout, and redfish. As far as red tide is concerned it's a coin toss. It could be blown in and mess up everything again or we might not get any. It's safe to assume that without any major changes we can expect it again, but the duration or when and where it's going to arrive is unpredictable this far in advance. 
    Blue Line Fishing Charters LLC.
    Capt Keith Edinger
    BLfishing.com
    (239)560-2469
  • Capt Dan MedinaCapt Dan Medina Posts: 761 Officer
    Have you guys considered trying offshore? We are still catching Sharks, Goliaths, snapper, grouper, amberjacks and lots of other species. We are not as affected by the red tide as we are able to run past it to cleaner water. 
    On a side note, the fishing inshore that time of year is usually excellent. The inshore has been very good lately as well. Unless something drastic changes between now and then, you still should do well.
    Best of luck in your decision. Feel free to give me a call at 239-878-4736 if you have any questions.

www.SaltyFishingCharters.com 33 Ft World Cat Tournament Edition Catamaran
    Offshore Fishing Charters FT Myers, Sanibel, Captiva, Cape Coral
  • SergeSerge Posts: 74 Greenhorn
    Thanks guys, at this point we are still undecided. We might just leave it till late April and see what the situation is then.