Home Off Topic

Florida College Football State Champion?

2»

Replies

• MelbourneMarkMelbourneMark Posts: 2,247 Captain
    Guys; 
    i believe Matt attends UCF, thus is a fan.   He nor any other fan can pick and choose what conference, competition, or SOS.  

Give him a break.  He knows UCF needs to play tougher competition to gain noterity, but that's up to UCF admin and other schools admin. 

Literally, not 1 person in this forum is responsible for the success or failure of their favorite team. 
  • pottydocpottydoc Port Saint JoePosts: 4,286 Captain
    Read his osts Mark. He doesn’t think they should lay anyone else. It makes him mad when people tell him that. He tells us his team is a juggernaut, and can stand up with any other team out there. He is not any bigger a fan of UCF than I am of FSU, and the rest of these guys are of their chosen teams. No one has any issue with him supporting them, but when he insists on telling us how good they are, and can’t back it up, he’s gonna hear from folks. No one else on here takes any of this stuff personally, if he does, that’s his issue. He seems like a good guy, he just needs to learn when
    to step away from the keyboard.
  • RennieRaeRennieRae Posts: 725 Officer
    Yall keep talking ****, I will still be here and throw it in yalls faces as hard and obnoxiously as I can when UCF beats everyone of yalls programs.

Let us know when your team schedules any of our programs so we can be prepared for those beatings....  
    Bob 

17 ft. Ankona Native with 40 hp Suzuki 4 stroke - Skini Rennie
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 34,337 AG
    edited January 2019 #35
    Now, we have a the resorces, back then we didnt, its coming. 
    Resources? You got $30 mil a year. UF and FSU spend more than that a qtr.  

Mini Mart Magnate

I am just here for my amusement. 

• FletchFletch Merritt Island, FLPosts: 2,479 Moderator
    My Florida State Champion bracket has always had (and for at least the foreseeable future will continue to have) only 3 teams - FSU, UF and UM. 

UF clearly earned the title this year. Zero doubts. Congrats to their fan base. 
    "Ninety percent I'll spend on good times, women and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent, I'll probably waste..."
    -- Tug McGraw on getting a raise

Get Down Fishing Charters - Port Canaveral, Florida
  • FishInFLFishInFL Posts: 2,222 Captain
    Fletch said:
    My Florida State Champion bracket has always had (and for at least the foreseeable future will continue to have) only 3 teams - FSU, UF and UM. 

Do you still believe in a flat earth too? :)
  • FletchFletch Merritt Island, FLPosts: 2,479 Moderator
    Fletch said:

No they didn’t!! The Goaters didn’t play FSU and UM. The only way a “True” State Champ can happen is when all 3 teams play each other like next season 
    Normally, when all 3 teams are similarly competitive, I would tend to agree. FSU just flat out sucked this year and UM wasn't much better. UF was clearly on another level. I still give em the nod.
    "Ninety percent I'll spend on good times, women and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent, I'll probably waste..."
    -- Tug McGraw on getting a raise

Get Down Fishing Charters - Port Canaveral, Florida
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 34,337 AG
    Fletch said:
    Fletch said:

No they didn’t!! The Goaters didn’t play FSU and UM. The only way a “True” State Champ can happen is when all 3 teams play each other like next season 
    Normally, when all 3 teams are similarly competitive, I would tend to agree. FSU just flat out sucked this year and UM wasn't much better. UF was clearly on another level. I still give em the nod.
    Like the old saying goes "That's why they play the game" so I won't give them the nod. Next year IF they are able to beat them both then I would give them the nod.
    I assume you don't consider FSU the 2013 national champions since they didn't play every team in Division one and beat them. 

Mini Mart Magnate

I am just here for my amusement. 

• Cane PoleCane Pole Stuart, FLAPosts: 9,936 Admiral
    edited January 2019 #40
    It's official

Live music 7 nights a week: http://www.terrafermata.com/_events
  • dolfanjoeydolfanjoey Posts: 1,174 Officer
    UF was the best team in Florida this year. But the Canes will fix that in O town next season.
  • FlatsMatt96FlatsMatt96 ChuluotaPosts: 1,358 Officer
    UCF will be back, mark my words.
    If youre going to burn a bridge, dont just burn it, use C4 and make a statement. 
  • 2amigo2amigo Posts: 6,194 Admiral
    Speaking of this, any word on Milton?  I think the QB you have now will be very good going forward. 
  • conchydongconchydong Pompano BeachPosts: 8,046 Admiral
    Gators number 1 without a doubt. I will give UCF number 2, your welcome Matt. Canes and Noles a push. Then the rest of the bunch. I do think that if UCF played both the Canes and Noles they would have lost at least one of those games though.

“Everyone behaves badly--given the chance.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway

2amigo said:
    Speaking of this, any word on Milton?  I think the QB you have now will be very good going forward. 
    Well, unfortunately for the Knight nation, he is most likely going to miss next season and we are going to red-shirt him due to how severe his leg injury was. He is going to have a full recovery over time. However, he is in high spirits and is very happy to have all of Knight nation rooting for his recovery from a personal standpoint and a football standpoint
    If youre going to burn a bridge, dont just burn it, use C4 and make a statement. 
    Gators number 1 without a doubt. I will give UCF number 2, your welcome Matt. Canes and Noles a push. Then the rest of the bunch. I do think that if UCF played both the Canes and Noles they would have lost at least one of those games though.
    I disagree with that respectfully, I think that a regular season game even without KZ in, we still would have won. Miami and FSU werent very strong. I think UCF would have beaten both teams by 10-15 points. UCF was a strong contender this year and the other two teams werent. Maybe next year will bring better fortunes for all Florida teams though...