Home Off Topic

Christmas Trees

surfmansurfman WC FLPosts: 5,974 Admiral
Going to deploy a few again this year near the same spot in the lake near my house as before.

And the results, a 7.5 lb bass on a crappie jig and 4# test line,

Tight Lines, Steve
My posts are my opinion only.

Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.  Will Rogers

Replies

• SaltygatorvetSaltygatorvet TallahasseePosts: 5,808 Admiral
    Nice slabs. Solid bass especially on tackle that light
    You should have been here yesterday
  • tankardtankard Posts: 7,031 Admiral
  • ResinheadResinhead Posts: 10,987 AG
    Do the same with ours. Bring them to inlaws on Lake Tallavanna. We just throw ours in but I like the stand idea.

Thanks.
  • surfmansurfman WC FLPosts: 5,974 Admiral
    Don't they float away? I had to up size the slabs to get them to sink the first time I did it. I cut them off at about 4' because the lake is only about 8' deep and when it gets low the water skiers mow them down.  :D
    Tight Lines, Steve

My BIL was also fishing with me that night and he kept catching large cat fish, I told him to get off the bottom but he was having fun. :)
    Tight Lines, Steve

• ResinheadResinhead Posts: 10,987 AG
    They don't float around when tied to cinder blocks
  • ScoutboatScoutboat Posts: 2,479 Captain
    surfman said:
    Going to deploy a few again this year near the same spot in the lake near my house as before.

And the results, a 7.5 lb bass on a crappie jig and 4# test line,

Nice fish!  Now tell us about that boat.
    That's my plywood canoe.

Tight Lines, Steve

14' and stable enough to stand in and walk around
    Tight Lines, Steve

• ScoutboatScoutboat Posts: 2,479 Captain
    Sweet boat!  Did you build it?

edited January 2019 #12
    Yes, from plans I ordered from JEM watercraft. It was a fun project. It was a set of plans for a canoe but I wanted the flat back so he redid the plans for me. Turned out pretty good. Another boat I don't get to use enough.

I made some of my own modifications like the bench seat for the battery and the front deck which I really don't like and may cut it off. I also made a seat bracket for the back seat to fasten to, I can move that to any where in the boat.

Oh yea, and rod holders, what is a boat without rod holders?
    Tight Lines, Steve

I want to build the FX20 but a 20' boat is more than I want, maybe they would redraw plans for a 16'er. That would be nice.
    Tight Lines, Steve

Having a hard time finding trees this year. Dang it man! I just want to put out 4 this time.
    Tight Lines, Steve

• treemanjohntreemanjohn Posts: 5,438 Admiral
    edited January 2019 #15
    surfman said:
    Having a hard time finding trees this year. Dang it man! I just want to put out 4 this time.
    Just make them out of PVC. I see it for free all the time on craigslist 

We’re like the piggy bank that everybody is robbing, and that ends
    Yea, I might try that, that will last forever that's for sure and is a lot less likely to get lures snagged on. That is my biggest problem with the trees.
    Tight Lines, Steve